Unai Emery

PeterSw

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to say it now. Unai Emery’s Villa will one day lift a trophy or get it to Europe. Maybe both!

Are there any trophy we can win that don’t result in entry into Europe? I’m excluding trophies that require us to be relegated first, like the Championship winners trophy.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Are there any trophy we can win that don’t result in entry into Europe? I’m excluding trophies that require us to be relegated first, like the Championship winners trophy.

Good point. League cup takes you to uefa conference League doesn’t it?

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

FA cup or Carabao win and that’s us into Europe isn’t it? 

The other two trophies we can win, if I haven’t missed any, are the Premier League title and Charity Shield. And they also would mean we get into Europe.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Birmingham Senior Cup. 

We haven't won it since 1985. It might get you into the Black Country.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is is but he could not win a cup and get us finishing 7th instead.

I also like the idea of both, but he's just one guy, and our squad needs a lot of coaching to make up for the last 12 months.

Can’t be bothered to think about the future or our aspirations right now…

The immediate concern and aim is to pull away from the lower end of the table and try and secure a midtable position at least… Unai pretty much covered that too.

We have a tough run of games but need to get points on the board and start climbing…

I have full faith in Unai, an exceptional appointment, but we may have to endure an initial and short period of struggle before we see major improvement and results….

or we could just batter Man Poo on Sunday at a raucous VP! 🤣

Â