Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I did go Nick, and was blew away by the energy and intensity....The galvanised group, was awesome, everyone of them showing a desire, will to win and all the things, I have been waiting to happen.

I have no idea, where that come from.....if it was JUST system, I am staggered......but I don't much care, its arrived and we have shown the football world, we have it in us,......I was in doubt, now I'm not, as long as its not just a one -off.

I was in favour of 4-2-3-1 and for some time, laboured my point of 2 competent defensive midfielders, with at least one having stature and presence.....Luiz alongside him was, extremely impressive.

However, I was in doubt, it would make THAT much difference...I'm gobsmacked.

I'm Made up over the front 3, blowing away the cobwebs and showing what we all thought, we had bought.

I have to say Nick, based on that, I have to concede you was right.....but I wlll reserve my overall judgment to see if we can sustain it.

I haven't seen that level of togetherness for some time.......The contrast between, Thursday and Sunday, is mindblowing.

However, as long as we can play like that, I don't care, who is charge.

PS suddenly what appeared to be poor investments for the owners, now looks like shrewd signings......but we have to sustain it.

So glad you still went.

For me, getting the right manager is so key.  His job is to get that energy every week because we know they can play.  If you add Kamara and Carlos to that, it’s a good team.  

It’s the reason I was so not happy with Gerrard but if we don’t get the right manager it will happen again that we don’t perform.  The manager is so key for me to get this out of the players.  We still have issues but yesterday showed that there is still quality in this team and with the right drive, tactics and coaching from the right manager, this team can play football.  If we get the wrong manager, this group of players could go back to what we have seen for the last year.

Not much we can say until we know who that new manager is so let’s just enjoy yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was a Liverpool fan and now an Arsenal fan as well. Lol

To be fair, he does alot of commentary on British Politics and affairs etc.

I think the fan and location stuff is just his attempt at covering his tracks and trying to throw people who might get " onto him " off 

He definitely tweeted before the odds started to drop. I checked this morning and Emery was 5/1. He’s now 1/6. Correct me if I’m wrong but those are shortest odds since Gerrard was sacked.

20 minutes ago, bose said:

Unlikely today because of work permit issues according to the great and all knowing Lyric 😆

i would assume that since they've announced signings with "pending a visa" before, they could do the same with a manager/head coach. Also, basing my FM knowledge, one only needs to have the top Continental professional license to get a work permit as a manager -- which is a requirement for the PL iirc

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So glad you still went.

For me, getting the right manager is so key.  His job is to get that energy every week because we know they can play.  If you add Kamara and Carlos to that, it’s a good team.  

It’s the reason I was so not happy with Gerrard but if we don’t get the right manager it will happen again that we don’t perform.  The manager is so key for me to get this out of the players.  We still have issues but yesterday showed that there is still quality in this team and with the right drive, tactics and coaching from the right manager, this team can play football.  If we get the wrong manager, this group of players could go back to what we have seen for the last year.

Not much we can say until we know who that new manager is so let’s just enjoy yesterday. 

I have never been in doubt about the talent Nick......application has been my doubt.

Well, after that......that doubt is unfounded.....but we have to show more of that.

I know, it can't be repeated during every game, else we would win the league.....but I want to see more of that.

I do agree, the manager is paramount....lets hope we get it right.....but I do hope we keep Danks, Cutler, etc.

ps I see Beale has raised questions about other issues, like recruitment.....I think there maybe more work to do behind the scenes......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have you been on Facebook?

It's brain bleed.

One particular exchange:

" He was shit at Arsenal "

Someone responded,

" his win percentage was 55 percent at Arsenal and they finished fifth "

Response:

" Well it felt worse than that "

😂

Avoid it like the plague mate.

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

i would assume that since they've announced signings with "pending a visa" before, they could do the same with a manager/head coach. Also, basing my FM knowledge, one only needs to have the top Continental professional license to get a work permit as a manager -- which is a requirement for the PL iirc

Is that true fellow FM enjoyer? If so Amorim would probably be denied a work permit as he only has a Continental A rather than the top Continental Pro license.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He definitely tweeted before the odds started to drop. I checked this morning and Emery was 5/1. He’s now 1/6. Correct me if I’m wrong but those are shortest odds since Gerrard was sacked.

Mate because I love these types of things I've been following the account Intentley for a while.

He's put his neck on the line multiple times and been proven correct in the end ultimately.

This is from the 13th October for example.

He reported Poch interest months ago.

When news started braking of Poch he straight up said press were getting news late, and that eventually it would be reported Poch wasn't interest and media would turn to Emery and Frank etc.

Just like players transfers, things can change and move, but the bloke hasn't been wrong YET!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If you guys thought the Darren Farley Gerrard impersonations were annoying, wait til you see his Unai Emery ones. Anybody who posts them should get an automatic warning.

Ther a actually another bloke who is quite good at Manager impressions but don't remember his name, slim bloke.

I think Farley needs to realise his ceiling might be Bruce, as he looks similar 😂

His Rooney one is funny too to be fair 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree Dyche doesn’t get the respect he deserves but didn’t Howe get Bournemouth from non league to premier league in back to back seasons all playing a good style of football?

Bournemouth also broke a lot of financial rules on the way up