Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

In this order for me as poch is now ruled out more or less 😤

Tuchel, Amorim, Frank, Emery 

Im struggling to find anyone else that i would hugely consider to take over 🤔

Three of those have Premier league experience and bear in mind some managers will have joined clubs with an established and ready made squad so its easier to look better as a manager. 

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Knowing Purslow's penchant for theatrics, I could see the surprise announcement and introduction at halftime today. 

Its why was no immediate announcement as Poch had to do his parachute safety training

• Haha 3

Only two people voted Thomas Frank my only guess is that we have people with other preferred options but not to rule him out completely as he is underrated imo 

Edited by RicRic

Considering we are not in the relegation places,only on goal difference.Who do you think would honestly risk their reputation and take us on ? Yes we have a good squad and yes we are better than our position shows,BUT,we know that because we support Villa.Do people like Poch etc know that ? I dont think so.So,for me,the only realistic manager would be Dyche.He is not scared of a relegation fight and with his knowledge of the Pl AND the increased resources aviable at Villa lpus the 100% backing from the owners.He might fancy himself to take us where we want to go.

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It would be very Villa to hire a new manager, parachute them in with fireworks and theatrics, and have them die in front of the adoring crowd, falling from the stadium roof.

Would defintely raise the profile of the club as I think we would make the news in every country.

One thing that is important for me is that they can pick teams from a big squad of players without a performance drop off. I don’t really buy ‘these 2 players don’t work together’ or whatever, it’s up to the management and coaching staff to use a squad and not have a first 11 then shoehorn players in when there’s injuries and suspensions. You’re always going to have injuries, you’re always going to miss out on a transfer target so get on with making the most of what you have. 

like I get Luiz McGinn Ramsey never worked well under Gerrard but it’s not an awful midfield, and shouldn’t have been as bad as it was.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

the commentator just said a managerial appointment is expected in the not-too-distant future.  throwaway line or is that a bit of itk?

He did say "so we've been told" so I'm guessing he's been told something.

• Like 3