Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Tayls said:

That’s fair. I’d only watch if it was on BT sport etc. 

Actually I lied I just realised. I am watching on CMORE. Viaplay has the PL and I forgot I switched after the Ch -ManU game.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Wait wait more people preferred rodgers to tuchel are some of you lot off your head ??😕

I voted Rodgers because I don't look at Poch and Tuchel as getable.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The match against Fulham was no surprise to anybody that have seen our matches this season. We had been that bad all season, why suddenly storm off before full time, unless the performance came as a surprise. I guess you could say that they watched the our matches this season, but had no idea what they were seeing, and only realised the state of things when our away fans began to go after Gerrard, but then you are saying our owners are clueless about football. Since our owners is now in charge to find the new manager, I really hope it isn’t so, that would be depressing.

I think you are thinking that is the first time our owners have reacted in any way like that.  That’s the first time we’ve known about it, that is all.  They may have been working on replacing Gerrard for weeks.  All that reaction is showing is that is the first time we’ve known about it and I bet the club were unhappy that got out.  I bet they have been unhappy before.  Edens was to be at the game at the weekend but as we know from TheTrees his private plane was last minute changed schedules…why? Maybe a personal issue, maybe a Villa issue.  All we know from Sawiris storming out was that’s the first time we’ve heard an owner not happy, not that it hasn’t happened before.  I’ve seen all our poor matches too but I was just as livid as Sawiris but does that mean I didn’t know? Of course not!  I was just angry it keeps happening and each game had its own gripe.  I think you are laying to much into one reported incident without knowing how they have felt before this.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

What a knob. He ain't gonna last long in management. A large part of management is taking responsibility. He has just shifted any and all blame for his and SG's part in this onto his employers. I think he’ll find enthusiasm for his services reduced somewhat if future employers think he's going to blame them for any and all of his shortcomings.

I’m kind of pleased he’s publically shone the spotlight on CP and Lange but he’s giving a total free pass to Gerrard. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m kind of pleased he’s publically shone the spotlight on CP and Lange but he’s giving a total free pass to Gerrard. 

Shone a light? Just a dick backing up his mate, sounds disgruntled at worst but a nothing story at best.  He was obviously going to say that.  It’s no more affected CP and Lange than before.  Those who want CP and Lange gone will jump on this while most won’t even bat an eyelid because it’s nothing.

• Like 2

Beale is protecting his mate and his own reputation there a bit.

He's talking bollocks when it comes to comments on Gerrard, but he's not all wrong....

the recruitment has gone rapidly downhill since Gerrard came in.  Although the blame there lies as much with Gerrard as the owners.

Recruiting Gerrard and keeping him in charge as long as we did was also terrible work by the owners. 

We do seem to have a terrible physio/fitness/conditioning department given the poor distance we run in a game, the number of injuries we get, not helped by the players we leave to rot on the sidelines. 

There's a lot wrong at the club, and Gerrard was central to a heck of a lot of it.

19 minutes ago, gordy said:

Can I join the twitterverse, spam on the manager too?

El National in Spain saying its Poch to sign in the next couple hours:

https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deportes/100-millones-fichajes-10-kilos-ano-descartado-florentino-perez-mauricio-pochettino-aston-villa_904545_102.html

Oh my God, it’s happening 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

What a knob. He ain't gonna last long in management. A large part of management is taking responsibility. He has just shifted any and all blame for his and SG's part in this onto his employers. I think he’ll find enthusiasm for his services reduced somewhat if future employers think he's going to blame them for any and all of his shortcomings.

He's sticking up for his friends, and also fellow managers and coaches, hardly an unedifying quality. 

That said I don't want him as our manager, hasn't done enough yet. But by all accounts he has a bright future in the game. 

27 minutes ago, jim said:

That Lyric fella is ful of shit his recent pinned tweet said we were actively looking for replacements two weeks ago. Today he tweets sacking was not planned.

Well both can be true. We can be have been looking but not planned to sack Gerrard until we had our new manager all set up. Then Sawiris got pissed off in that match and pulled the trigger immediately.