Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He may well be but I bet you if Guardiola took over Villa instead of getting the Barcelona job when he did his managerial career would have been over a long time ago. 

I agree.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's pure speculation that Poch and Tuchel have turned us down.

For that matter, it's pure speculation that we're looking at either of them as potential replacements for Steven Gerrard.

Here's the sum total of all of the facts we know from inside the club so far:

• Danks on Sunday.

If a credible reporter is told something by a source who has direct knowledge of something, and then writes about it, it's a poor description to call it "speculation". Speculation is when someone is guessing. Truth can exist outside of Villa's official web page.

Crap reporters speculate all the time, no surprises there, but not all journalists are the same.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If a credible reporter is told something by a source who has direct knowledge of something, and then writes about it, it's a poor description to call it "speculation". Speculation is when someone is guessing. Truth can exist outside of Villa's official web page.

Crap reporters speculate all the time, no surprises there, but not all journalists are the same.

I can name many occasions credible reporters have got it wrong. With things like Poch, you tend to find one or two have spoken to a friend of Poch’s and the others are regurgitating the story. 

On top of that, things change by the hour. Poch telling his mates last week he probably isn’t interested may have been before conversations, promises, etc. I’m sure they’re not getting blow by blow updates on what’s happening. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Guardiola had 1 years experience with Barca B in the THIRD TIER of Spanish football before he got the Barca job. 

There are many manager have come from almost nowhere and become really successful, like Arteta (zero experience), Wenger (from a Japanese club).

If we can find the next new think, that will be fantastic. To be honest I don’t care if the next manager is experienced, proven, as long as he makes Villa entertaining and makes us able to compete in the top half.

• Haha 1

After the glee of last night's good news, today I feel depressed. It seemed like we were poised to finally kick on and maybe challenge for Europe, if not this season, then next.

But here we are, close to the drop zone in late October, no manager, ravaged by injuries and player confidence shattered.

Fans bewildered and alienated. It's the same old story. Round and round we go, a boring joke.

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

To be honest I don’t care if the next manager is experienced, proven, as long as he makes Villa entertaining and makes us able to compete in the top half.

True, but that was the belief of the last manager, wasn't it. So to just go headlong into the same kind of decision making that put us in such a ruinous position in the first place would be completely reckless.

Amorin would hardly be some unknown gem, he's already one of the most highly rated young managers in Europe, linked with the Chelsea and Man Utd jobs earlier this year, whether he would work out for us I don't know, but if we were to get him it would be seen as a big coup, and if we don't get him he will probably end up at one of the big clubs of Europe before long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

True, but that was the belief of the last manager, wasn't it. So to just go headlong into the same kind of decision making that put us in such a ruinous position in the first place would be completely reckless.

To be honest when I heard that Gerrard was in the running to replace Smith, I thought it was a joke, and that the club couldn’t be that stupid.

As long as we don’t employ somebody’s mate, that is at least a small step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Just like Stevie G then

Lots of similarities !!!

Both are arrogant and stubborn. I wouldn't wish Rodgers on you after a year of Gerrard !!

Nobody deserves that.

• Thanks 3

Dream Team: head coach Billy McNeill RIP,  striking coach Bosko Balaban, midfield coach Charles Nzogbia, defensive coach Micah Richards, goalkeeping coach Peter Enckleman, fitness coach Ross McCormack, set piece coach that one who used to hit row Z with every shot - Ivan something?   Nailed it and you know I have.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Dream Team: head coach Billy McNeill RIP,  striking coach Bosko Balaban, midfield coach Charles Nzogbia, defensive coach Micah Richards, goalkeeping coach Peter Enckleman, fitness coach Ross McCormack, set piece coach that one who used to hit row Z with every shot - Ivan something?   Nailed it and you know I have.

Thanks for that 

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Alex Tonev.