Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Somebody already did take a crack at him. Sporting. They paid €10m compensation to Braga, after just 4 months in the job. That’s an insane amount of money for a Portuguese team never mind a PL team. If Sporting can take the risk, why can’t we?

Tbf Steven's awful management has made this quite an awkward appointment. They need be good in the long term but also hit the ground running (otherwise we'll go down).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf Steven's awful management has made this quite an awkward appointment. They need be good in the long term but also hit the ground running (otherwise we'll go down).

It's not that bad, we've played a quarter of a season. Even a nominal uptick in form will see us fine. 

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Has Poch actually come out and said no or is this pure speculation from Ornstein and Co? 

Its just speculation. from the same people who told us Gerrard wasnt going to be sacked before the world cup. Poch and Tuchel are still very much possibilities as of today,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Somebody already did take a crack at him. Sporting. They paid €10m compensation to Braga, after just 4 months in the job. That’s an insane amount of money for a Portuguese team never mind a PL team. If Sporting can take the risk, why can’t we?

Because if we take a risk and it backfires, we will almost certainly be relegated

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Has Poch actually come out and said no or is this pure speculation from Ornstein and Co? 

Speculation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Disaster season for Sporting is finishing 4th. Disaster season for us gets us relegated.

Just now, jim said:

Speculation. 

I thought so. 

Quite funny when you think about it. Last night only elite managers mentioned, by the end of the day today, it's either obscure or bang average managers apparently in the frame. Even half the fans have downgraded aspirations listening to the media. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Yes and no, imagine if we start performing and climbing up into the top half and in January Purslow decides to sign a player that AVB didn't want lol. I can only imagine what he'd say. Obviously this a complete hypothetical situation but I would a situation like that to happen with us!

Well perhaps the CEO will keep his nose out of things that don’t concern him or decisions may be made that put his nose out of joint. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’ll be interesting to see if we do hear whispers or will Villa be able to do one of their magical announcements where it comes out of the blue at some point.

The whispers of emery on here/twitter and the lack of press regarding him to Villa makes me think he’s the guy 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We can, I’m just not convinced we should.  It’s a massive risk for so many reasons and we’ve just taken one of those and failed, I personally think we need pay whatever is needed to get somebody elite and somewhat more proven.  It’s just my opinion but I think we need to be more risk adverse this time and that means a more difficult appointment to make.

Also responding to @imavillan

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1