Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Talking about Amorim results in the Champions League which of course is much better experience then the PL.

-Impressive Draw against Pep's Man City at Etihad Stadium
-Beat Dortmund 4-0
-Beat the Europa League Champions Frankfurt 3-0 (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
-Beat Spurs 2-0 ( (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
image.png

Okay, you've got me. I'm in. 

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Guys, I hate to put a dampener on things but at 37 years old, Amorim would be the first Villa manager that’s younger than me.

I’m sure he has many good qualities, but I’m not ready for that stage of my life yet, so it’s a no from me.

Yep that’s the real reason I didn’t want Gerrard last season, he was just younger than me 😂😂😂 kind of destroying my hopes that a Villa scout will see my football abilities and want to sign me…..😂😂😂

Don’t want no haters to comment on me being too old at 45 and a history of injuries thank you! I still have the dream

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He inherited a good team & has slowly made it worse. His style of football is a slow  & possession based which is brutal to watch & he builds vendettas against certain players & refuses to play them. He does not promote youth & is an egotistical prick. But other than that, he's ok.

Just like Stevie G then

Just been reading into Amorim and watching vid’s.  I don’t think we should be taking risks, I really don’t.  

That aside he looks impressive in such a short space of time, somebody will take a crack with him if he continues the way he’s going, although that release fee is going to rule out most clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Nope

It’ll be interesting to see if we do hear whispers or will Villa be able to do one of their magical announcements where it comes out of the blue at some point.

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Talking about Amorim results in the Champions League which of course is much better experience than the PL.

-Impressive Draw against Pep's Man City at Etihad Stadium
-Beat Dortmund 4-0
-Beat the Europa League Champions Frankfurt 3-0 (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
-Beat Spurs 2-0 ( (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
image.png

Yeah but CL experience still scares me because we all saw Wesley score vs Liverpool in the CL but then look how he got eviscerated here… ok maybe managers are different but still! ;)

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree 100% Didnt Gerrard go unbeaten at Rangers? Anyways he had a very good record. The PL is simply a very different league. We would be rolling the dice massively to hire another manager who was new to our league.

Amorim and Steven are not comparable. Simplistic way of looking at it.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nope. The only actual news we have is Frank pretty much ruling himself out (which I am happy about). Everyone else is in play and your guess is as good as anyone's.

Poch is out as well. And Tuchel

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just been reading into Amorim and watching vid’s.  I don’t think we should be taking risks, I really don’t.  

That aside he looks impressive in such a short space of time, somebody will take a crack with him if he continues the way he’s going, although that release fee is going to rule out most clubs.

I'm not sure if that's a yes or a no

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nope. The only actual news we have is Frank pretty much ruling himself out (which I am happy about). Everyone else is in play and your guess is as good as anyone's.

And Rogers had a grumble about us sacking Gerrard so rule him out too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Somebody already did take a crack at him. Sporting. They paid €10m compensation to Braga, after just 4 months in the job. That’s an insane amount of money for a Portuguese team never mind a PL team. If Sporting can take the risk, why can’t we?

• Like 1