Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I think all things considered, Pochettino would be stunning, but people were literally lining the streets of Aston when Martin O'Neill turned up that first day just to applaud his arrival.

Part of that was they knew that the appointment was Lerner's and at the time, it was a sign that Doug was selling up.

Poch is reported as missing in The Hindu Kush...

Only goat herders have claimed to have seen him.

The SAS and American Seals have offered Help, but it appears he is well supported by very sympathetic loc

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I know I’m going to sound like the old miserable git here. But my worry is this. Let’s imagine for a moment we get Poch, how long does he get? How many poor results until the usual suspects are calling for his head? How many transfer windows where we don’t buy the 16 players the keyboard warriors want, do we cut him slack? 

This replacing of the manager becomes a cycle very quickly and I don’t want us to be the next Watford because it doesn’t work for success! 

Final point, don’t read this as some sort of pro Stevie G post. I think he’s been pretty terrible this season and if he’s fired he’ll have deserved it. 

I mean I'd even be giving Gerrard time (even with these results) if he showed any sign of getting anything right, I.e. how to set up a coherent midfield.

Any other manager who shows they're doing the right things, even if results don't come straight away, I'll have patience with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I know I’m going to sound like the old miserable git here. But my worry is this. Let’s imagine for a moment we get Poch, how long does he get? How many poor results until the usual suspects are calling for his head? How many transfer windows where we don’t buy the 16 players the keyboard warriors want, do we cut him slack? 

This replacing of the manager becomes a cycle very quickly and I don’t want us to be the next Watford because it doesn’t work for success! 

Final point, don’t read this as some sort of pro Stevie G post. I think he’s been pretty terrible this season and if he’s fired he’ll have deserved it. 

As seen over the last few weeks, it doesn’t matter one spec of dust in a dessert what keyboard warriors wants/desires/demands. It all depends what the people running the club decides.

Even if people in here in unison demands someone sacked/benched/sold/whatever, the people in power will completely ignore it.

It is clear that Purslow is idolising Gerrard, and will not sack him, no matter how outraged people in here are, or how bad result are. We can be horrified that it would lead to relegation, but it would make any difference whatsoever. Soon we have to discuss if Gerrard is capable of getting us promotion back to PL.

Replacing manager becomes a cycle if you constantly hire the wrong people.

• Like 2

I thought it was an absolute disgrace how people mocked UE’s accent so I’m really not taking the p#ss, but could you imagine it with a hint of Brummie? 🤣

Top class manager. I’d love him here. 

2 hours ago, KH** said:

I’ve heard from a co-worker that his relative was in a fancy country pub on the weekend. All of a sudden a convoy of posh cars pulled up and out got Christian Purslow and associates, they were then ushered into the back room of said pub. Potentially holding talks with someone? 

That happened in the film I.D, minus posh cars and country pub anyway 

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Poch is reported as missing in The Hindu Kush...

Only goat herders have claimed to have seen him.

The SAS and American Seals have offered Help, but it appears he is well supported by very sympathetic loc

He’ll never be found then. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

I thought it was an absolute disgrace how people mocked UE’s accent so I’m really not taking the p#ss, but could you imagine it with a hint of Brummie? 🤣

Top class manager. I’d love him here. 

Perhaps he’d  go the full Steve McClaren? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Speaking of accents I really came to dislike Lambert as manager but it always bothered me when his accent was attacked. Just not cool to mock the way someone talks, there is plenty to criticise on the pitch.

It wasn't his accent but the monotomous tone.

Our problem over the years is managers stop sending teams out to win games but instead to not lose games. Happened to Little, Gregory, MON and so on. Lambert came with a reputation of playing good football and quickly we switched type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KH** said:

I’ve heard from a co-worker that his relative was in a fancy country pub on the weekend. All of a sudden a convoy of posh cars pulled up and out got Christian Purslow and associates, they were then ushered into the back room of said pub. Potentially holding talks with someone? 

They were meeting this guy 

p08qg09z.jpg

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Some analysis on Poch at Spurs.  

Peak Pochettino: Analyzing the Tactics Behind Tottenham’s 2016/17 Season – Breaking The Lines

I'm fully aboard the Poch train now, I would take Emery though, and think Tuchel is unlikely.

My favourite team to watch in the PL era. If we can land him it'll be the biggest signing the club has ever made imo. Would probably have us challenging for top 6 within 2 transfer windows.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I do find it amusing when some on here make Poch out to be some kind of demigod and that he’s an unrealistic target. Why is this?

He was at Southampton and did well, got them to an eighth placed finish and earned his move to Tottenham. At Spurs he achieved a couple of second place finishes, a League Cup final and a Champions League final but was ultimately dismissed inside a five year period. At PSG he won the title but was replaced after twelve months.

Is he in the elite category? Probably, yes he is but I honestly don’t think he’s an unrealistic target.

We must be a massively attractive proposition to many managers/coaches. Outside of the big six or seven clubs, we have good owners, a large fan base, a large stadium and ultimately we have money to spend. Let’s not sell ourselves short.  

He's not elite like Klopp or Pep, that's why he should be gettable. Most of the media claim his stock is low, he wouldn't come to us, but then who listens to the likes of Cascarino saying Gerrard hasn't had time, an could be 6th after the weekend??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Farioli is a really good coach, it's a very left field suggestion but it was just to make a point that even if Pochettino and Emery and that level of appointment is beyond us, then we can find a proper head coach, get back to the DoF, head coach model and make solid progress with the players we have IMO. 

Not the right profile for me tbh. I really don't want to get another coach who has to learn on the job to such a large degree, IMO we need a guy who is a lot closer to the finished article.