Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I've always thought of this thread as the QAnon zone. Shady and unverifiable reports of potential new managers swirl around in a fetid cloud of conspiracy theories. If we are now going hard for Pochettino, I wonder how Wes Edens personal approach to Emery turned out - wasn't that yesterday or Saturday's theory?

If we do get Poch, watch out America!

'Q' is finally going to emerge from the shadows to gun down the satanists who run the world!

Yes John Percy is a modern day Alex Jones, you nailed it.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Poch would be our highest profile managerial appointment ever, I've talked it down as fantasy for months, and I still think it is, but I'd be **** delighted.

Remember when we had fans lining the streets to welcome Martin O'Neill? This would be an incredible appointment, and I don't dare hope.

I would imagine the fans would stroll down villa park on his arrival and it will be even bigger than when o neill joined. Id book the **** day off and travel down to london for it if it happened!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but who else comes close?

In terms of profile, as in a manager who wouldn’t look out of place taking up the position at Barca or Milan or similar - at the point of joining us, I don’t think there has been one.

Ron Atkinson I guess was quite a high profile appointment. Former Man Utd and Atletico manager. O’Neill as you say, was a big name. Houllier also fairly high profile, although there was a sense that his star had waned. I’m at a loss what the perceived status would be of the managers were prior to 1980.

I think Poch would be a bigger statement appointment than all of these and I don’t think it’s particularly close, despite the comparative trophy haul.

Whether he can be tempted and it would actually work out for him here is another matter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Wonder if Poch has had a chat with the 2 Emi's yet, I'm sure at least one of them will say good things about us.

They’ll both thrive under his management… would imagine both of them would be excited at the thought of having him take over… Buendia will shine…

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's going to be so funny watching people pretend like signing Poch isn't a big deal and then pretending like the transformation we start seeing on the pitch isn't actually happening. 

or it started under Gerrard 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

The chances of Poch joining us a probably 5/100 or even less than that. But I’m clinging to that little chance he does join.

I’m just happy it means Gerrard must be one step closer to the door…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's going to be so funny watching people pretend like signing Poch isn't a big deal and then pretending like the transformation we start seeing on the pitch isn't actually happening. 

And complaining that the players was unfair to Gerrard playing that badly under him, while playing like top class players under the new manager.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You say this now.

We would probably.be the same ones slamming all and sundry for not doing " due diligence " if we went on a bad run.

" Purslow hired a bloke because he once almost achieved something with Tottenham " 😂

I really don't think so, what he did at Southampton and Tottenham was impressive, playing good football, blooding youth, taking both teams to a level of performance above his predecessors and his successors, name a villa manager of recent history that you can say that about. Maybe Dean, but  that has the caveat of being in the championship, and then you're looking at MON who spent a small fortune.

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Looks like the account is deleted…?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

yeah too many people gave him shit

could be another BS merchant but can't argue that he's got more right than anyone else claiming ITK in recent years

I don't get twitter , but surely the point of being a social media whore is to bring them in , cup the balls and prick tease a little  .. not delete your account and run off like a frigid teenager? 

Is it not as simple as a two minute phone call to Poch?

"Sent you a link to a video of our facilities, cracking stadium which you'll have experienced, sometimes a cracking atmosphere, we'll back you in the market. You know the South American talent we already have. We'll pay you x amount. Wanna come?"

Edited by Tom13