Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

39 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Must have kept himself to himself when he was at Paris St-Germain :)

He may have been there but  I’m not sure he paid much attention, after all he hasn’t noticed we’ve had an imposter posing as  our manager for almost a year now. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We need to stop messing around when it comes to appointments and actually start taking things seriously now. Fed up of the constant shit performances from coaching teams and the crap players that they bring in. Very draining. 

This is such a weird viewpoint to me, when it comes to the current ownership at least. Gerrard’s appointment was bad. But the lash management team before this one got us promoted from the Championship, firmly established in the PL and to our first Cup final in 5 (?) years. I keep reading like we constantly appoint bad managers - Purslow and the owners have got one right and one wrong. 

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Eastie dropped Unai Emery the other day as well.....

" Lyric " from Twitter has said he's the favourite.

Hmmmm

😭

Although I just found a tweet where Poch was named aswell as Emery. Yay! 😂

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Eastie dropped Unai Emery the other day as well.....

" Lyric " from Twitter has said he's the favourite.

Hmmmm

That Lyric guy has been coming and going from Twitter a fair bit this week, deleting and reactivating his account once or twice.

He also appears to have changed from being a Liverpool supporter to an Arsenal one 🤔

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is such a weird viewpoint to me, when it comes to the current ownership at least. Gerrard’s appointment was bad. But the lash management team before this one got us promoted from the Championship, firmly established in the PL and to our first Cup final in 5 (?) years. I keep reading like we constantly appoint bad managers - Purslow and the owners have got one right and one wrong. 

It was right up until the point that they completely lost it and the players were proving to be pretty much useless - some still are. I don’t really care that much they got us back up (although I was delighted that we did it obvs) because we shouldn’t have dropped down there in the first place - again, crap appointments and decision making lead us there - albeit by a different ‘owner’ and his minions, if we can even call him that. 

But, hey, we are where we are, let’s see if things can be put right this time. 

Edited by Tayls

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Quick look on paddy power shows SG as favourite for next to be sacked but also favourite to be the next liverpool manager 🤣🤣

The ducks are lining up, nothing can stop the Scousers getting their boy now. 

9 hours ago, trillvillan said:

The more and more times I think about who we should hire next that's realistic - I keep falling back to Unai Emery. 

I really think he would get us in Europe and compete. 

I would be happy with that. He has a 55% win rate in the premier league over 18 months. Thats good enough for me.

15 hours ago, messi11 said:

Top and only choices for the job in no order:

Marcelo Gallardo
Mauricio Pochettino
Unai Emery
Kjetil Knutsen
Ruben Amorim

Who we all going for?

Would only get excited about the first 2 names on your list. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trillvillan said:

The more and more times I think about who we should hire next that's realistic - I keep falling back to Unai Emery. 

I really think he would get us in Europe and compete. 

He’s plays a structured organised system  and has a decent record everywhere he’s been given time I think he’d get us firing his biggest enemy here in England would be the media bullying. The abuse he had here last time because of his accent was disgraceful , there’s no doubt he’d receive more following the sacking of media darling Steven Gerrard.

• Like 1

I don't know if we can get him, or if he would come but the most realistic manager that I think we can get is Unai Emery. I would welcome a manager that at the very least would have us operate as an organised team.

He was on a hiding to nothing at PSG, he had very good moments at Arsenal, and with a disjointed squad, he didn't get the extension of time Arteta did.

You don't win the trophies he has won without having something about you, we would be fortunate to have him manage us.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That Lyric guy has been coming and going from Twitter a fair bit this week, deleting and reactivating his account once or twice.

He also appears to have changed from being a Liverpool supporter to an Arsenal one 🤔

Same colour shirt, if a prime minister can make the same mistake?

• Like 1