Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I honestly don’t think Poch would turn us down right now. None of the big six or seven need him unless Man Utd implode.

We have fantastic owners, training facilities, a ground that’s getting significant upgrades and some very good players.  He’d come I reckon. 

edit - if he did say no, then Potter or Rogers would be more than acceptable.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

One of those where surely a quick phone call to him and Leicester agrees this is everyone’s interest… he avoids a sacking, can walk without forfeiting a payoff as he’s right into a better paid job, we don’t pay much compo and hand the cash to Gerrard instead - everyone wins.

Exactly adam.

Im not looking at whats happening this year the last few years he has been a amazing success there. Id kill to have half of that success here.

Rodgers would get bailey coutinho and buendia playing some amazing football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Fond memories of Ange's "Roarcelona".

He will be up for it, and I wouldn't be too much against it.

I’d love Ange, he has managed all the teams I dislike so might as well Finally manage my favourite and I really like his style. Main issue is it seems to take him 3 months to get teams playing his style which we just can’t afford currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure if we show enough ambition as a club to attract someone like Pochettino, we've added just two players to a team that finished fourteenth last season, someone like Mauricio can't go like that, he'd probably want upgrades on the likes of Ings, Watkins, McGinn, Luiz, Mings, and so on, in other words he would only come if we were serious about making a challenge for top four, and showed as such in our actions.

He went to Spurs when they had likes of Younes Kaboul and Adebayor as regulars. Took him a year to weed them out and sort the squad out.

We should be asking his representatives the question at very least.

Imagine the feelgood factor if he does come in, suddenly a different spin on the season.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Get rodgers in. Hasnt been backed at all this summer which explains thwir problems.

But brendan with this team could play some amazing football 

I like Rodgers. Wheels do tend to fall off him at some stage every time but let’s be honest, Leicester have treated him terribly this summer. He’s done very well there on the whole. Terrific training ground coach though. 

Sack Gerrard now, put Critchley in charge for the next couple of games and get looking for a manager. Not sure who that is but as Lampard is probably the only PL  manager worse than our current one the opportunity to improve is incredible 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have 3 days to acquire players for a new manager. Even if we don't hire them we should contact someone like Poch to look at the squad and tell us where we need to strengthen.

There are quality in the squad, so a new manager can easily work with the squad until January and have us in a comfortable position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I like Rodgers. Wheels do tend to fall off him at some stage every time but let’s be honest, Leicester have treated him terribly this summer. He’s done very well there on the whole. Terrific training ground coach though. 

He is my number one choice. Poch and potter wont come because of where we are in the league now and ita too risky. Rodgers i think very achievable. Leicester fans want him out so it makes sense

Just now, useless said:

When Pochettino went to Spurs they had finished top six in eight of the last ten seasons, including a few top four finishes.

He's somewhat progressed as a manager since then. The trick is hiring a manager at that point in their career.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah I’m all for approaching candidates right now and if someone can be in place before Leicester, great. But I suspect the int break will be used for making the change, that’s usually the case.

I genuinely think we'll be 20th if that happens. Leicester will be above us if they win at home and that could easily happen given we've just lost to a West Ham team who just parked the bus for an hour and were very low on confidence.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He is my number one choice. Poch and potter wont come because of where we are in the league now and ita too risky. Rodgers i think very achievable. Leicester fans want him out so it makes sense

Yeah I agree.. and Rodgers would be the best manager we’ve had since…