Good Bye Villa

bendixen35

Luxury.Pure luxury.

Can you imagine if you were a fan of our neighbours who seem to be missing quite a few chromosomes.

We have one of the most perfectly designed stadiums in world football,we have beautiful colours for our shirts,we have won trophies,one of my friends is a Newcastle supporter and they have won nothing for 50 years.

We have intelligent and nuanced fans..........................................well maybe.

Supporting Villa is a test,a really big test a bit like one of those SAS programmes where people do extreme things.

But you have to endure because what’s the alternative supporting some faceless conglomerate or following another sport like rugby.

As the eagles sang you can check out any time you want but you can never leave.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 21:29, bendixen35 said:

Good bye Villa

For 40 years you brought me very little pleasure and mostly a lot of pain.

For 40 years I was a faithful fan, but I cannot be a part of this anymore. I cannot be a fan the way you have been treating me. 

For 40 years U never really were a soccer inspiration - always sticking to the old style british ugly hoofing soccer, playing with fear.

For 40 years you have taken the money out of hard working people and wasted it on mediocre players, and skilled agents. With no real consequenses - as the fans seems happy as long as they are part of something, no matter what. 

Hopefully you will bring the fans something in the future - it was not to be in my time.

Bye

For some reason I am hearing this as a song - a slow, mournful country and western refrain.

Try it and see what I mean.

(BTW this is a compliment - it is beautifully written)

I think the comments reflect what most of us have been feeling.

Last month I stopped renewing my Optus Sport account because I was over waking up at 1, 2, 3am in the morning and paying to watch this dross.

A new manager will be appointed, and we will go again as I have for the past 46 years.

• Like 4

Supporting a football club is one of the most irrational pursuits imaginable. But it's become fundamental for me. For better or worse. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Got to say, of all the many low points in our time as Villa fans, this one is by no means the worst. We have a decent squad, we’re in the Premier League, we’ll probably turn it around and live to fight another day. Could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I'm 39. I agree with him / her wholeheartedly, lots of disappointment and very little joy.

european nights, cup wins, cup finals, all but 4 of the last 40 years in the top flight, over 50% of which in the top half

the last 10 years or so have been wank, agreed, but if you think most of the last 40 have been i'd find another hobby if i were you, cause if you haven't taken much joy from your time as a villa fan then we're probably not going to give you any anytime soon

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

european nights, cup wins, cup finals, all but 4 of the last 40 years in the top flight, over 50% of which in the top half

the last 10 years or so have been wank, agreed, but if you think most of the last 40 have been i'd find another hobby if i were you, cause if you haven't taken much joy from your time as a villa fan then we're probably not going to give you any anytime soon

This is an incredible take!

I'm out for beers now, but tomorrow will come back with a break down of my nearly 40 years as a Villa fan. 

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is an incredible take!

I'm out for beers now, but tomorrow will come back with a break down of my nearly 40 years as a Villa fan. 

cant wait...

• Haha 1

It's all part of the 'Crazy Train' Villa experience.

We all bond together over the perpetually inexorable misery and disappointment! A good ol' balti pie eases the pain, I find.

There'll be another Peace Cup victory soon enough though...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

We have a magnificent ground that promises to get even better and has been our home for over 130 years, our history and the history of football in England seeps from it’s walls. 

125 years. Villa Park opened in 1897.

Agree with the rest though.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I wasn’t sure on the date and guessed without Google or asking @TRO who was there for the first match. 😅

I've refused to set foot in this "park" until we restore the name to "Lower Grounds".

Bring back the polar bear enclosure.

I think a few keyboard warriors need to get off his back. Moment of weakness. We all get absolutely furious and fed up at the Villa from time to time. It’s part of supporting us. Sometimes people just need to vent and then they feel better.

No need for some of the comments I’ve seen and name calling. He’s a Villa fan too. We can’t all be ‘Super Happy Clapping Villa Are Always Amazing I’m A Better Fan Than You’ weirdo’s.

Edited by Ingram85

23 minutes ago, limpid said:

I've refused to set foot in this "park" until we restore the name to "Lower Grounds".

Bring back the polar bear enclosure.

A proper traditionalist. We need to embrace the spirit of Archibald Leitch when designing the new North Stand. 

• Like 1