January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He's played 15 career games in under 18's competitions. He's nowhere near ready. We put him in the pressure of the first team we'll break him. 

Yeah I mean obviously we aren't actually going to go into games with Brad Young or Rory Wilson upfront. If Watkins is out and Duran either isn't ready or is out himself, we'll just be playing Buendia and/or Bailey as 'false nines' or whatever. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah I mean obviously we aren't actually going to go into games with Brad Young or Rory Wilson upfront. If Watkins is out and Duran either isn't ready or is out himself, we'll just be playing Buendia and/or Bailey as 'false nines' or whatever. 

nah chuck wilson on, chuck kadan young on at some point too

following the city and arsenal games id expect us to be more or less the most boring team in the league - first team that cant go down and cant qualify for europe - and i know a few will moan that each place means something in terms of money and appeal but i'm not overly fussed by that, remember that smith season where bidace and Chuk started playing with about 5 games left? im expecting the same this year, its one of the few joys of being mid table, pressure free minutes for some of the youngsters

Just now, villa4europe said:

nah chuck wilson on, chuck kadan young on at some point too

following the city and arsenal games id expect us to be more or less the most boring team in the league - first team that cant go down and cant qualify for europe - and i know a few will moan that each place means something in terms of money and appeal but i'm not overly fussed by that, remember that smith season where bidace and Chuk started playing with about 5 games left? im expecting the same this year, its one of the few joys of being mid table, pressure free minutes for some of the youngsters

3 points of top 6 disgrace…. It Europe was the aim for the club going forward then why settle for midtable

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know that, and I know that.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The silver lining though is that Preece was the one who claimed it was bad knee injury and also said in the same article there was no recall option in his loan. So there’s hope it’s not that bad!

So literally the opposite! we're golden!

• Haha 1

Duran might not have played in the league before... but he exists.

Also, our style of play doesn't heavily rely on a " traditional" striker.

Yes Ings was out " top scorer " but he was barely involved ffs.

Other people can, and will step up IMO.

Guaranteed alot of the people moaning now regularly moaned about Ings as well.

Alot of people moan about Ollie, but replacing Ollie is actually alot more difficult than it appears on the surface 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Duran might not have played in the league before... but he exists.

Also, our style of play doesn't heavily rely on a " traditional" striker.

Yes Ings was out " top scorer " but he was barely involved ffs.

Other people can, and will step up IMO.

Guaranteed alot of the Pele.moaning now regularly moaned about Ings as well.

That's an unfortunate typo

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, est1874 said:

There's a little thing called risk mitigation, which assumes the worst of a situation and asks "so what if it happens?"

Your view doesn't address that at all, and nor has the club, that's the problem. 

Those who live in the world of risk mitigation are never happy.

There is always a risk.  Yes, it’s a risky game. That we’re playing, not denying that at all.  Probably should’ve had a player lined up to replace Ings.  But MAYBE they believe that in the event of something happening to Watkins, we have enough in the squad to cover for a few months.

Maybe they feel that is less risky than buying one of the players available at double their normal cost.

If we can get a loan in that is better than what we have available already, I’m sure we will.

But no Coutinhos, and No Baston’s please.