January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

10 minutes ago, allani said:

I don't think we should be worrying / looking at what the teams at the bottom are doing.  We need to be looking at closing the gap on the teams above us.

The "team" isn't about starting XI - it is about the 16 players that can be used during a match and ideally the 18 players from which those 16 are selected so that the manager can respond to different types of match situation.  Whilst Moreno is a definite improvement on Augustininininson - I think we'd all be surprised if Duran comes in and matches the goal contributions / options that Ings provided.  I really, really hope he can and does and that in 1 month, 2 months time we are all laughing about why some of us were concerned. 

I don't think out first choice 18 is as good as it was before the window.  At the very best it might be the same (if you think the addition of Moreno makes up for being much more reliant on Ollie up front).

The biggest difference is a good coach, we said on countless occasions that we were underperforming under previous managers and had a squad capable of finishing higher up the table. Sure Danny Ings off the bench will be a miss but off the bench we still have Mcginn, Coutinho Dendoncker as midfield options all better options than Sanson , two capable fullbacks in Dinge and Cash, Callum Chambers along with a returning Diego Carlos . It doesn’t seem that light to me, it would be fantastic if we could have added another forward like Yeremy Pino or Nico Williams or Marcus Thuram   but realistically how many teams above are spending big in January?  Sometimes you have to walk away from a deal you’ll be held ransom the next time , and also signing someone for the sake of it might mean we miss out on preferred targets in the summer , look at Arsenal settling for Jorginho now rather than Luiz or Caicedo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, allani said:

I think we'd all be surprised if Duran comes in and matches the goal contributions / options that Ings provided.

Duran is one for the future but Ings has scored four non-penalty goals in half a season. Even off the bench every week and looking to the future as the main objective, it’s not crazy to have a young prospect better that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, allani said:

If that is the scale of the club's ambition then we are truly ****ed.

Short term ambition, medium term ambition, long term ambition. What we want to achieve takes a little time. 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Spurs have signed Soonsup-Bell, I doubted it as don't think we will sign another U21 striker as Wilson will play at that level and Brad Young if can't get a loan, plus Kobei Moore doing well this season, but was talking us being interested,

going OT where does that put Scarlett?

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Incredible. You've never seen him play. 

What about all those youtube videos? Any Tom, Dick or Harry can tell he's already better than a proven PL striker. 

🤣

Also, stop quoting Tayls, the ignore function can't block out quotes!

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1