January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Newcastle, Palace, Villa?

I think Newcastle have been keen on him for a while. Seems like there or back to Palace where he knows he'll play every week. I can't see us really being in for him for the price Newcastle will pay. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Guendouzi now and am struggling to think of any reasons why the club would prefer Gallagher. 

There is no indication that the club would " prefer " Gallagher.

The players have to be attainable and want to come at the time we want them to as well.

You don't always get your first choice targets.

Having said that, I was a big proponent for Gallagher when he was at Palace, but not sure for the money, especially he's what we need right now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can see us being in for Gallagher. Brings energy and high tempo. Right up Emery's street. 

Not for £40m though, not close. 

I used to admire his talent before I didn't. Seems to run around a lot and look energetic but not sure he ends up helping -- until I look at this stats, which are quite impressive.

He completes passes, shoots fairly often,  has great work rate, probably still teachabe, too. 

image.thumb.png.bc45b060e7d495e5d99ecf20c0bfe41d.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is no indication that the club would " prefer " Gallagher.

The players have to be attainable and want to come at the time we want them to as well.

You don't always get your first choice targets.

Having said that, I was a big proponent for Gallagher when he was at Palace, but not sure for the money, especially he's what we need right now.

I'm saying that if we went for Gallagher it would suggest we chose him over Guendouzi. Reports suggest that Guendouzi is attainable, so its not a big leap. 

Just now, nick76 said:

There is no indication really now we are interested in Gallagher or Guendouzi 

Basically we know diddly squat! 🤣

But it’s fun to speculate and theorise, think about what we need and who we could bring in…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

There is no indication really now we are interested in Gallagher or Guendouzi 

If Unai is willing to clearout so many without being certain of landing targets, how shite must he think some of the fringe players are ?

It appears it's to the point where he can't even stomach seeing them at training 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Guendouzi any day of the week over Gallagher.

Not dissimilar players in some ways. Both are promising in many of the same ways -- both good passers, both shoot a lot and miss or get blocked. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Unai is willing to clearout so many without being certain of landing targets, how shite must he think some of the fringe players are ?

It appears it's to the point where he can't even stomach seeing them at training 😂

Let's be honest, sanson and nakamba have been training ground gnomes for over 12 months now. Bednarek joined their gnome gang in the summer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Dyche wants 2 players in? That'll be Mee and......who's the tallest, least cultured striker in the league?

Coutinho???? 😉😉  We might be able to persuade them so that we can make a profit on him yet!

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I used to admire his talent before I didn't. Seems to run around a lot and look energetic but not sure he ends up helping -- until I look at this stats, which are quite impressive.

He completes passes, shoots fairly often,  has great work rate, probably still teachabe, too. 

image.thumb.png.bc45b060e7d495e5d99ecf20c0bfe41d.png

People hate on him for some reason. Maybe it's the hair or the London thing.

He's a phenomenal talent. He's the kind of player if he's available I wouldn't blame the kid dropping 40m 50m . It's English tax and his potential is top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Gallagher is a decent player but no where near the 40million that’s being mentioned, transfers fees are just getting out of hand now

22 year old who has impressed remarkably for the past 3 years, England International and so much room to progress.

I'd say £40m is about right and in time maybe even a bargain.

Rice will go for 100m

• Like 2