January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

18 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Whilst i am all for the clearout of deadwood from the squad,i am a bit worried now about injuries and what that could mean for us going forward this season.

This is not a bedwetting post but i am just trying to be realistic..If bailey or watkins gets injured early on or both what is plan b?

Stick Chris Samba up top.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i would like to know where Emery actually said this, so many times on these twitter accounts Emery (and others) are quoted without any links/idea of the source of it.

Not saying he didnt say it, but any old hack can post X saying Y said it, if they dont provide the source.

• Thanks 1

Very disappointed if nothing happens but saying that I'm glad we are not bringing players in for the sake of it. We have enough in this squad to stay up without any issues. We would have to invest a lot of money to have a real shot at European football. So I guess it's just a matter of Emery looking at what we have and identifying our biggest issues come the summer window 

Fred from Solihull on the Villa Facebook group reckons he's talking Bollox and the club need to pull their finger out though! 

As if it's like going to Primark 🤦🏿‍♂️

Unai:

“It's not easy in this window to convince players to come here. We were thinking of adding one player in each position in the squad."

Unai Emery 🗣️

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Looks like he'll be better at holding off a defender than Watkins. Not just because of those arms, but the mop handle would come in real handy. Squirt of cleaning fluid to the eyes of the keeper so he can't see. It's a yes from me.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

The likes of Chelsea bidding £105m for Fernandez, Arsenal bidding £70m for Caicedo and Everton bidding £40m+ for Gallagher is going to really dick us over in the summer.

Prices for centre midfielders are going to be benchmarked against these ridiculous figures. I'd imagine if we actually wanted Guendouzi, Marseille will probably want close to £50m for him in the summer.

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If we don't sign anyone I hope (and expect) Unai the wizard can keep us close to our current position in the league, otherwise it might prove as difficult to convince folks to come here as it appears to have been in January. 

I gotta say that Unai and the board have balls of solid titanium.

villa better accept  they cant keep trying to get  quality for cheapness

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Looks like he'll be better at holding off a defender than Watkins. Not just because of those arms, but the mop handle would come in real handy. Squirt of cleaning fluid to the eyes of the keeper so he can't see. It's a yes from me.

Emi levels of s**thousery, I like it!