January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

As a Villa fan, I’m kind of embarrassed by how many idiots and miserable gits we have in our fanbase, online platforms like Twitter and Facebook have just exposed them. Maybe I was naive in thinking our supporters weren’t quite as bad or foolish as some others…

Too many go too far aswell… that’s what bothers me rather than those who can construct or form an opinion that may be viewed as overly negative or pessimistic. As long as said person shares it sensibly without resorting to pettiness or idiocy (or worse, I’ve never understood why people feel the need to resort to personal attacks and foul language either) then it’s fine and constructive criticism is healthy… but making stuff up isn’t! There have to be genuine reasons for positivity too otherwise there’d just be dreamers and no realists…

I’ve seen some disgusting language and aggression at times. It really is pathetic & embarrassing, some people need to grow up and develop a brain…

Whisper it quietly but there is more to life than football/sport… more that’s worthy of getting worked up about too…

This is not my experience at all but then I have got rid of Facebook, only follow Twitter accounts that aren’t going to wind me up and mute anybody that is inclined to post garbage. Take a bit more control of your social media and create yourself an echo chamber of calm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As a Villa fan, I’m kind of embarrassed by how many idiots and miserable gits we have in our fanbase, online platforms like Twitter and Facebook have just exposed them. Maybe I was naive in thinking our supporters weren’t quite as bad or foolish as some others…

Too many go too far aswell… that’s what bothers me rather than those who can construct or form an opinion that may be viewed as overly negative or pessimistic. As long as said person shares it sensibly without resorting to pettiness or idiocy (or worse, I’ve never understood why people feel the need to resort to personal attacks and foul language either) then it’s fine and constructive criticism is healthy… but making stuff up isn’t! There have to be genuine reasons for positivity too otherwise there’d just be dreamers and no realists…

I’ve seen some disgusting language and aggression at times. It really is pathetic & embarrassing, some people need to grow up and develop a brain…

Whisper it quietly but there is more to life than football/sport… more that’s worthy of getting worked up about too…

This is not a Villa fan uniqueness.  On any topic, on any day, from whatever leaning, there are people like this.  The social media platforms are full of it.  It’s not a representation of a group at all.  You just have to ignore that in whatever forum, or day, topic, or side or whatever because in this modern world the social media freedom has allowed this vocal section.  So it’s not Villa specific, all clubs will have it, all sport will have it, all topics have it, all sides have it.  That’s why I’m on this forum than open sites like Twitter and Facebook to discuss it.  Anyway back back to the matter in hand, transfers…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Not a tweet, but the plane Mr The Trees was talking about has landed. It has had an interesting recent history and if it did have a future villa player on it, then there's any number of Spanish clubs that they could have come from.

What we thinking? Even got a Sweden to brum trip in there.

Screenshot_20230129_220329_Chrome.jpg

Protest at Luton Airport challenges 'climate destroying' private jet  flights | Luton Today Greta Thunberg How Dare You GIF - Greta Thunberg How Dare You Mad -  Discover & Share GIFs :flag: :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

Whilst our rivals in the league are blowing their money on overpriced players (Gakpo, Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez, Mudryk, Georginio Rutter etc)
Villa are just chilling and making sensible moves like Moreno and Duran.

No need to panic. Good work.

Mods are going kick you out if you keep speaking logically like a reasonable man of reason…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

Whilst our rivals in the league are blowing their money on overpriced players (Gakpo, Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez, Mudryk, Georginio Rutter etc)
Villa are just chilling and making sensible moves like Moreno and Duran.

No need to panic. Good work.

Ok what have you done to Messi11??

Or are you taking the piss?

• Haha 2

While the two incomings so far seem like good signings and the ings sale made sense from a business viewpoint, as things currently stand the squad is weaker now than at the start of the window.

If no new signings are coming before the window shuts, I think it has to be considered a mildly disappointing window overall. Unless Duran is ready to hit the ground at PL level we are a Watkins injury away from playing with no recognised striker

Edited by Icarium
Fixing typos
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Icarium said:

While the two incomes so far seem like good signings and the ings sale made sense from a business viewpoint, as things currently stand the squad is weaker now than at the start of the window.

If no new signings are coming before the window shuts, I think it has to be considered a mildly disappointing window overall. Unless Duran is ready to hit the ground at PL level we are a Watkins injury away from playing with no recognised striker

Yep, this where I am at!

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would rather sign nobody than be stuck with the wrong player just because some online cried and demanded a signing

There’s a middle ground to be had though. It’s fair to say that we don’t want the wrong signing but if we fail to strengthen (and actually weaker) and leave ourselves short going into the second half of the season within grasp of Europe then I think it’s ok for fans to question the recruitment and planning. For example, could we not have made decisions over Ings and Archer in particular later in the window? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

This thought process just doesn’t make that much sense to me… why wait? So many benefits with doing it sooner rather than later. If it’s a case of us trying desperately to bring these players to the club and they are saying no, why would they come in five months time? We might finish the season terribly now (we probably won’t) and we’ll look even less attractive than if we go for it and try to finish 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th.
I agree we don’t need squad fillers. 

It’s not the players is it, it’s the selling club having time to find a replacement and/or holding us over a barrel financially.

we nearly went to the wall a few years ago due to mismanagement, it’s amazing how quickly people forget

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The irony of this post considering the state you used to get yourself in in the Austin Macphee thread

• Like 1