January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Aston Villa prepares offer for Universidad de Chile for Dario Osorio

Attention fans of the University of Chile. A Premier League team prepares a million-dollar offer for one of its greatest young figures. This is Darío Osorio, who today is doing his thing in the South American sub 20 with the Chilean team.

This is Aston Villa , a cast that has already set its sights on the blue jewel, and which joins a long list of teams interested in taking over the services of the "Romántico Viajero" youth squad, all from the highest category of English football.

And it is that according to Topskillsports, a reporter for Sky News Sports , the villains would be in the process of preparing an offer that amounts to 15 million euros , to keep the pass of the new Creole crack, who could leave once the contest is over. South American.

"The best talents will like the new challenges of the Premier League," said the reporter on his social networks , implying that it would be a golden opportunity for Osorio to start developing his career.

5 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

Wan-Bissaka has only played nine games for them this season so he might be available.

This is what I think...  He's perfect for Emery's system with the right back staying back defending most of the time.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I know I've blocked out this season from memory for obvious reasons, but seriously who the hell is that to Gestede's right?

Tiago Ilori...  Didn't make a single appearance for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s an absolutely calamity in possession. Wouldn’t want him at all 

Yeh, the main reason Young is in ahead of Cash is that he's so much better on the ball, even though he's not a natural defender.

It's hard to know who'd be a good signing for there, because you'd want someone who's good in the air to help with our obvious weakness defending set pieces, but also needs to be quick and agile enough to deal with little wingers like Gnonto, so you can't just stick a CB out there.

I don't expect anyone to get excited about the idea, but especially if we sell Chambers, Joel Veltman is out of contract at the end of the season, a very solid defender and good on the ball. He's not going to win any Ballon D'Ors, but I've seen him lock down some quality wingers. Would at least be solid cover at RB and experienced depth at CB. 

Foyth at Villareal has obviously done that job too and ticks a lot of the boxes, but I wonder if there's an agreement with Villareal not to go after their players for a certain period of time. Haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is anyway. 

I think we'll be exploring a strategy where Las Vegas Villans will pick up young talent from South America with a path to us in Premier League if they develop. If we buy stake in this Portuguese club that will help the pathways too. We already own a club in Egypt I believe? Or NS does. 

Having pathways like this will help us compete with the bigger budget clubs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know I've blocked out this season from memory for obvious reasons, but seriously who the hell is that to Gestede's right?

If ever there was a season which proved the game is not played on paper, that was it.  I completely overestimated the ability of that squad as a collective to do well.

My Villa supporting Grandad died in the July and I just told myself that Villa gave up without him. 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Its incredible that picture contains an entire Villa 11 and i don't feel a connection a single one of them. There's a couple of decent players there but not one of them showed an ounce of it for Villa,. I still don't like Micah Richards because of it even though he seems to be pundit #1 these days.