January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Just hope we dont panic buy. Quite suprised we havent bought anyone in from villareal to be honest.

I'm happy with Loans to end of the season if we can't get our preferred targets this window

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No signings and it's Wednesday. Outraged. 

Last Wednesday of the window too.....  (although I'm probably just mildly anxious rather than enraged).

Edited by allani

3 hours ago, burchy said:

We ought to take a look at Vitor Roque for Brazil. In the u20 squad and is only 17. Scored two in one their games

he's my best player in my current FM23 save. i just rejected a 120m bid for him from liverpool

14 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

For Coutinho I think its the other way round, now people think we’re doing signings for the sake of it. Everyone notices he wasn’t a success by not playing regularly. For me I very much prefer the other approach. I wasn’t excited by Coutinho nor Digne. Although Digne was more success than a permenant Coutinho (who to be honest impressed me in the first couple of games especially as he was on loan). 
We can’t afford to have such a signings right now. Brighton is attracting a lot of players without having big names. 

I agree we can't afford to have players like that on our wage bill and definitely not two. They need to offer more if they're paid as much as he is. I was just saying he isn't a "complete" waste.  Just most of one. 

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he's my best player in my current FM23 save. i just rejected a 120m bid for him from liverpool

Next season, could someone run an FM save with Villa where the season moves one day for each real day? Then, when the transfer window comes around, VT could serve as the transfer committee. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Unai getting rid of the starting 11 of the Stevenage game one by one.

I heard about a week ago he'd been told he could leave. Wasn't sure if there was any truth in it, looks like there might have been. 

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Poor window so far. Weak squad. Being left behind by other sides. Good job we picked up points when we did under Emery. 

So you’re against signing Mereno and Duran?

Edited by The_Steve

I’m confident based on performances and points in the tank that we won’t get relegated.

I’m similarly confident that we have zero chance of 4th. Europa league is a sack of shit.

So we can afford to wait. No need to rush anything here. Just buy players we love at reasonable prices if they are available. If not, then we wait. You don’t fight with teams that NEED players in January / you’ll get your face ripped off.

Not sure what all the panic is about / we are in the best spot we have been for a long time now. Things are looking up by the day.

If we don’t sign anyone, it doesn’t bother me. We can scrape together at least 15 more points with what we have plus kids. I expect way more than that, but reminder this is a long term play. We aren’t about winning now - we are looking to compete over the longer term.

There is not infinite budget in the FFP world. 

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So you’re against signing Merino and Duran?

We had a bid turned down for Merino mate, it was a dream that you thought we signed him. 

Moreno the fullback however, happy with the signing. 

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Poor window so far. Weak squad. Being left behind by other sides. Good job we picked up points when we did under Emery. 

Funny that I could of sworn we’ve got the second best record since Emery came in. Including wins against top 6 teams Utd, Spurs and Brighton. Really being left behind can’t be that bad.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

We had a bid turned down for Merino mate, it was a dream that you thought we signed him. 

Moreno the fullback however, happy with the signing. 

Hah whoops serves me right for typing and walking 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

So you’re against signing Merino and Duran?

Duran is going to have to be bled overtime. Emery has confirmed that. Moreno is doing ok so far.
We’re still three players short of what we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, Galway Lion said:

Funny that I could have sworn we’ve got the second best record since Emery came in. Including wins against top 6 teams Utd, Spurs and Brighton. Really being left behind can’t be that bad.

Hmm, there’s a possibility that you may have missed the point there… other teams are improving now, we’ve lost squad players. We also haven’t really improved on what we do have. I don’t think you can say that Moreno is better than Digne yet, not seen enough of him. 

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Unai getting rid of the starting 11 of the Stevenage game one by one.

I think it's not a bad idea letting a lot of the squad leave this window if possible. It helps FFP and free's up spaces for Summer. We can recall Hause (like Watford want us to do) if we sold Chambers so no issue. Dendoncker can play CB too, he's played 20 PL games at CB for Wolves.