January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

The bench backs up my points. we need to spend.

Is it a point when it's obvious?

'I'm hungry.'

'When did you last eat?'

'Two days ago.'

'So go eat something.'

'OK—yah, good point.'

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How many would he have if he didn't have 7 years or whatever at the most dominant sportswashing vehicle football has ever had?

He's trash. Can't control or kick the football properly.

People say this and while I take the point that he'd have scored fewer in a lesser side I think it's a lazy critique. It's not like every other wide forward in that side was mirroring his numbers so I don’t really agree that it's something that counts against him hugely. The guy was there on merit for me but that's life.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We have a real chance to push on here.

I hope the club really go for it.

Yep, splash the cash. Help the manager out, plenty to play for THIS season. I’m fed up of talking and thinking about “next season”.

What a job Unai is doing, needs all the backing possible.

31 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

We've got time to make some signings now without it interfering with game prep, so I hope we can make the most of this opportunity. 

Indeed, we can focus on strengthening this team and becoming a more dangerous side.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Danjuma to Everton on loan. I find it strange we wouldn't take a no-risk punt on him.

Guessing because Emery knows him very well and we're most likely looking for a player much better (eg Thuram, Sissoko, etc.).

I really hope that we can get a couple of players in before the end of the month.  Today's win means that we can point out to any player / agent that we are 2 results away from the European spots.  Yes - 9th / maybe 8th is more likely this season.  BUT the point is that results on the pitch and league position are beginning to back up the vision that the owners have for the club.  Couple that with a proper, top-class manager and the financial power of the Premier League and our "attractiveness" is already on another level to where it was before the World Cup.

Whilst our top targets might not be available in this window - I do think that those targets become much more achievable if we can get a couple of places higher in the table.  So it is important that we add some more quality in the meantime.

• Like 2