January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Being serious for a second… it’s ok to have concerns (especially with all the crap we’ve experienced) but not to make definitive statements or judgements, to portray accusations or conspiracies as fact or truth. Why can’t we just chill and wait to see how things evolve and play out? Why can’t we sit still for a second? 🤣

What is this urge or desperation to call for impending doom or disaster? 

Why does everything have to be a negative? Even when it isn’t?

🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Being serious for a second… it’s ok to have concerns (especially with all the crap we’ve experienced) but not to make definitive statements or judgements, to portray accusations or conspiracies as fact or truth. Why can’t we just chill and wait to see how things evolve and play out? Why can’t we sit still for a second? 🤣

What is this urge or desperation to call for impending doom or disaster? 

Why does everything have to be a negative? Even when it isn’t?

🤣

Because we’d have f* all to talk about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wouldn’t bother me one bit if we didn’t ‘replace’ Ings until the summer. Watkins has a really good injury record (he’s fit for tomorrow) and Ings only really plays when he’s not fit. He was a decent enough option but he was always playing second fiddle.

My thoughts as well, I'd imagine Bailey could play through the middle if needed or maybe even something different with someone like Ramsey. 

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

🤣I speak with facts and wisdom. Unlike you two I will come with constructive points to back up what I've said. 

Facts are:
Palace, Everton, Fulham, Brentford, Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle , West Ham, Man United, Chelsea All spent more than Villa in the Summer Transfer Window. 
Leicester, West Ham, Leeds, Arsenal, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea so far have all spend more than Villa in the Current Winter Transfer Window.

Emery clearly stated with his own words we need to sell Sanson and Nakamba if we wanna buy a midfielder.  Sell to buy.
We're looking at the bargain basket with Dembele

Our nearest rivals Chelsea (10th position) have spent £470Million on new signings. Our closest locally PL team Wolves are outspending us.
Its a fact our spending has massively dropped off the last 3 seasons.
Like I said Emery is the best manager to have when you don't have the money to compete with the rest, he did great work at Villarreal and Valencia.

*Drops the Mic*

facts? mate just take a look at your post history

I look forward to us ending the window signing a couple of more key pieces for the squad and you singing everyones praises again

Edited by Anything11
misspelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Its a fact our spending has massively dropped off the last 3 seasons.

19/20 - 20/21: 

4 Aston Villa Aston Villa €260.85m 36 €5.77m 40 €-255.08m

20/21 - 21/22:

4 Aston Villa Aston Villa €231.15m 34 €129.77m 34 €-101.38m

21/22 - 22/23:

8 Aston Villa Aston Villa €229.94m 41 €181.00m 36 €-48.94m

Total from 19/20 - 23/24:

6 Aston Villa Aston Villa €490.79m 79 €186.77m 77 €-304.02m

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

facts? mate just take a look at your post history

I look forward to us ending the window signing a couple of more key pieces for the squad and you singing everyones praises again

Probably panic buy Jan Bednarek half brother. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

chatting absolute sh*t. he hasn't even been here for a season and its not even the end of the transfer window (the very overpriced window might I add)

the drama and flip flop posting is rather tiresome

Oh now. It’s funny, too.

Its not about the name, or the value of the transfer.

Its about can the player bought be his best in the new managers approach. Can we be better and improve as a team with the new player(s) 

Signing the big names and reputations hardly ever works for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

I suspect we sign a couple who appear underwhelming on the face of it (Dembele anyone?) but fit into the squad quite well and lift our overall performance week to week

Was thinking exactly this mate.

I don't think Emery cares who is " blockbuster ".

He thinks about the team,.player attributes and how they work as a collaborative whole.

Can't see him accepting being shoehorned players just for " commercial value " either unless they genuinely fit a role he can see use for in his bigger picture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Facts are:
Palace, Everton, Fulham, Brentford, Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle , West Ham, Man United, Chelsea All spent more than Villa in the Summer Transfer Window. 
Leicester, West Ham, Leeds, Arsenal, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea so far have all spend more than Villa in the Current Winter Transfer Window.

I'm unclear what the point of these lists of clubs is supposed to be. Unless you think the club should be the highest spender in every transfer window, you should expect to be able to produce similar lists. 

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Sterling apparently looking around for a loan and angry he was promised the chance to be #9 then has been stuck on the wing/Chelsea want him off the books. Obviously I know this won’t happen…

Maybe him and Carney should play Rock Paper scissors over an exit plan... and leave the rest up to Jesus.

• Haha 2