January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

You sound as if you have a chip on your shoulder there. 

Actually that is my point, the Spanish media seems to have a chip on their shoulder.......

Second story in 48 hours with the same message one for the DOF and one for a midfielder.

59 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I just don't think there's room for Deulofeu.

He's a very similar style of player to Buendia and Coutinho. Only way it would make sense is if he's loads better than them and he isn't IMO.

As far as I am concerned Coutinho doesn't play for us 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was he? He got motm.

From who?  It’s very unusual for a player on the losing team to get MOTM?

Edit: Premier league site has official MOTM as Leon Bailey?

Edited by Thug

49 minutes ago, allani said:

Gnonto was bullied so badly by Ashley the other night I almost felt sorry for the kid.  And Ashley is hardly a hard nut.

But kept going and got an assist.

He was exceptional. As was Young dealing with him.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As far as I am concerned Coutinho doesn't play for us 

Funny that because him coming on Friday night won us back control of the game. He kept possession and made himself available for the ball which released the pressure we were under 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok it was from BBC sport but still shows he played well. Sky gave Bailey motm but rated Gnotto a 9.  He caused us problems all game.

Yh I agree he played well.

Admittedly I haven’t seen the game back on TV yet, but at the ground he didn’t seem ‘exceptional ‘ to me.

I’ll need to watch the game back I think.

Edited by Thug

8 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Funny that because him coming on Friday night won us back control of the game. He kept possession and made himself available for the ball which released the pressure we were under 

He did very well in that role. Makes me wonder if he could do a Pirlo type role deeper down the pitch now that his pace has abandoned him. Maybe not, but his class might make it something he can do.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

If Emery thought he was good enough he would bring him here. The fee is reported is similar to Jhon Duran that tells you all you need to know.

Well looks like he is signing for Southampton so you know what happens next on Saturday 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Actually that is my point, the Spanish media seems to have a chip on their shoulder.......

Second story in 48 hours with the same message one for the DOF and one for a midfielder.

I don't think they care. The headline you just quoted was describing what are, presumably, pretty objective facts. I mean they could avoid reporting I guess. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was he? He got motm.

From Gary Neville.  Which kind of says it all.  Bailey was the actual MOTM, Kamara had a much more critical impact on the result and Young was immense.  But Gary doesn't like the Villa so was never going to be objective and praise any of them - which is no bad thing.

• Like 1