January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-talking-39m-transfer-26005957

But I agree it could be less but if other PL clubs are interested it may take that.

Pure clickbait.  No indication in the article how they've come to that fee, just added to the title for clicks.

That was the original fee being reported back during the WC (Transfers: Leicester ready to break the bank for Azzedine Ounahi, the midfielder of Morocco and Angers - L'Équipe (lequipe.fr)) when Leicester were supposedly linked with him.  It's just being regurgitated now.  If it does end up being that much will be made up of performace addons.

Edited by duke313
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One thing I will say about Ounahi is he is a very confident carrier of the ball. He doesn't mind holding onto to it for a while and doesn't seem flustered in crowded spaces.

Sounds like he would be a decent option in the middle with Kamara.  Two press resistant midfielders in the pivot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Is that really your take away from that tweet? 🤣

With regards to the overall picture it’s hard to feel sorry for the other leagues, they all prioritised the top 2/3 teams and led with those as the brands rather than the league itself 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Makes you think doesn’t it, we all lost our heads when the super league was due to be created whilst ignoring the fact that a super league already exists.

Yes sad times, personally I enjoy watching football in most of the European leagues  and it’s a shame to see the massive decline in standard.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Makes you think doesn’t it, we all lost our heads when the super league was due to be created whilst ignoring the fact that a super league already exists.

Yes in a way it does but it includes relegation from and promotion into that ‘super league’. No closed shop as was expected for the ‘European Super League’.