January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given Chelsea will be trying to keep Chukwuemeka, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, Ziyech, Fofana, Nkunku, Aubameyang, Mudryk, Sterling, Broja, Lukaku and Joao Felix* happy given they’ll be competing for 3 positions, I wonder if there is an opportunity there.

*I’m sure I’ve missed at least 2 others. 

Hudson Odoi if he is still a player

Marcus Thuram still hasn't signed for a club yet...  Rumors flying two weeks ago he was close to a Newcastle deal, this week it's Chelsea, but who knows anymore with their scattergun approach to signings...  Might be possible he's our #1 target and we're dealing with other clubs also trying to negotiate for him.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Just think we are in for bigger names than Danjuma.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Marcus Thuram still hasn't signed for a club yet...  Rumors flying two weeks ago he was close to a Newcastle deal, this week it's Chelsea, but who knows anymore with their scattergun approach to signings...  Might be possible he's our #1 target and we're dealing with other clubs also trying to negotiate for him.  

Would love Thuram but he's not a bigger name than Danjuma
1 less word sadly. 

I'm not really sold on Danjuma tbh. Obviously if Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him and decides to sign him then fair enough. But I hope we're after someone different.

Thuram would be ideal for what we need I think. If we manage to bring in Guebdouze too then we'll have a decent French contingent to help players settle.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not really sold on Danjuma tbh. Obviously if Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him and decides to sign him then fair enough. But I hope we're after someone different.

Thuram would be ideal for what we need I think. If we manage to bring in Guebdouze too then we'll have a decent French contingent to help players settle.

Aren’t Chelsea pretty much guaranteed to get Thuram?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Hudson Odoi if he is still a player

He came to mind for me as he CAN play as a wing back too.... I could see him working in this Emery system being flexible.
I am sure we could find a place for Pulasic and Zyech too, regardless I haven't quite got my head around what is needed in that wide midfield/winger/kinda attacking midfielder role he plays and how it interacts with the second forward and full backs.

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like Danjuma would be Bailey's role in this setup not the striker.

I'd hate a deal where we are obligated to buy him rather than an option.

One has to wonder though...... why would they want to loan him out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given Chelsea will be trying to keep Chukwuemeka, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, Ziyech, Fofana, Nkunku, Aubameyang, Mudryk, Sterling, Broja, Lukaku and Joao Felix* happy given they’ll be competing for 3 positions, I wonder if there is an opportunity there.

*I’m sure I’ve missed at least 2 others. 

Well Chuk Havertz Sterling and mount are going nowhere.
Nkunku doesn't sign until the summer right?
Fofana I know zero about.
They want rid of Auba
They can't get rid of Lukaku as no one wants him
Broja is injured for a year.

If Mudryk is coming in they NEED to get rid of at least 2 of Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi.

Pulisic on loan with an option to buy would be brilliant business IMO. Ziyech would be a class signing also. Although a new striker is desperately needed, I can’t imagine we’d be able to get anyone of significant quality during this window.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Pulisic on loan with an option to buy would be brilliant business IMO. Ziyech would be a class signing also. Although a new striker is desperately needed, I can’t imagine we’d be able to get anyone of significant quality during this window.

I'd have sold Ings if decent money was on the table and kept Archer

• Shocked 3

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I'd have sold Ings if decent money was on the table and kept Archer

Nearest I can reckon conservatively, Ings' 6 league goals have led to about 6 points for us on the table. You think Archer brings us those goals (and points), and could we really afford to risk those this year? Maybe, but I don't know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

4pts from Ings goals just under Emery. The lose Ings recall Archer is ridiculous hyping of youth talent based on nothing

And he's not really THAT old by striker standards these days. 30. A year older than Harry Kane.

• Like 1