January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he is that good. Was poor in England before and this season hasnt been great so seems last season was a one off

The fact that Bournemouth are in talks for him on loan deal ! is very off putting especially to come from a top 6 side in la liga

Mendy cleared of all rape charges.

This kind of shite really winds me up.

So ruin the mans reputation and career, take his freedom for what, a year? Based on false accusations.

Women need to be charged for this kind of shit. He'll now be known as a " rapist " by the casual forever regardless.

To make this relevant, should we sign him? Although i'm sure Chelsea probably need him. lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So ruin the mans reputation and career, take his freedom for what, a year? Based on false accusations.

Women need to be charged for this kind of shit. He'll now be known as a " rapist " by the casual forever regardless.

To make this relevant, should we sign him? Although i'm sure Chelsea probably need him. lol

Still 1 rape and 1 attempted rape case to be settled. And we don't need another LB.

He also doesn't seem to be the most professional guy considering the stuff he's admitted in court. Lots of partying, drinking during season and during Covid lock down.

Rather stay well clear of that guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ah ok... what I read seemed to indicate he was cleared of all charges.

The BBC article says that after 14 days the jury were unable to reach a majority verdict on 1 case of rape and 1 attempted rape and that he will need to be re-tried on both of these charges.  The last trial took 6 months and whilst it involved additional charges (for which the jury found him not guilty) I suspect that any new trial is likely to not be very quick as both the defence and the prosecution will be wanting to get into more detail on the two remaining cases.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Rape convictions are almost non-existent in England and Wales, which tells you how systemically misogynistic the justice system is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48095118.amp

“Police in England and Wales recorded 67,125 rape offences in the year to December 2021 - the highest recorded annual figure to date.

In 2020-21 there were just 1,557 prosecutions, compared with 2,102 in the previous 12 months. 

Over the past four years, rape prosecutions in England and Wales have fallen by 70%.“

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

We will let Spurs have this one. Once Kane and Son decline they are just gonna be as average as us.

They wont let that happen without replacing lol you think spurs will watch them fade away with no plan.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Funnily enough it’s these kinds of statements that wind me up.

It is ridiculously hard to secure rape convictions as it is so often one word against the other. A not guilty verdict does not mean the victim made a false allegation and absolutely does not mean that if there is a failure to convict the woman should be charged!!! 

I totally agree with that for most cases but there are ones like Ched Evans who spent ages in prison before the woman admitted she made up the allegation

so there should be some comeback in such cases

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

or he could have got off because he has a shit load of money and a very good lawyer.  but heh let's just jump to one conclusion and get massively reactionary about it.