January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I have worked out our strategy for the window. We have signed Alex Moreno, and are after Gerard Deulofeu. We are after players with the first names of ex managers. Incoming are therefore Martin Odegaard, Dean Henderson, Roberto Firmino, couple of Steves couple  of Rons and a Brian. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I have worked out our strategy for the window. We have signed Alex Moreno, and are after Gerard Deulofeu. We are after players with the first names of ex managers. Incoming are therefore Martin Odegaard, Dean Henderson, Roberto Firmino, couple of Steves couple  of Rons and a Brian. 

Seems far too scientific for our recruitment system.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who do you like from the Villareal links most?

I think they are mostly lazy links.but Danjuma and Nicolas Jackson I  wouldnt touch

Pino and Pau we probably have zero chance of getting in January

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

We missed out on Ronaldo

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Well a new RB should be targeted in the future...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/remi/profil/spieler/623050

Edited by MentalM
  • Haha 1

On 11/01/2023 at 12:54, Rustibrooks said:

Who would you have gone for instead of Moreno and Guendouzi out of curiosity 

Borna Sosa for left back.

Depends what the role of the midfielder would be for an alternative to Guendouzi

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RicRic said:

Looool well well well … problem is you cant please everybody, I understand his statement here but its also a tricky one as both could prove to be good players under emery.

Guendouzi more so could be more than just good, even though when the reports started flying in i overreacted on the emotions side  which was based on the game we played against him in where he was just erratic towards our players and haven't liked him since then, but before that i had rated him as a player but due to my allegiance with the mighty villa i was at war with him 😂

@paul514

I just think if you have circa 30m you can make a safer bet than him. I see all transfers as bets and your job is to lower your odds of failure OR to make a bet that has a big payoff for a low cost. 

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

If we sign Guendouzi, then we need Jack back.

If we did, we'd have a GK (Martinez), Defender (Mings), Midfielder (Guendouzi) and Forward (Grealish) that every other team supporter absolutely hates.

I'd love Jack back, our team right now needs ball carrying and progressive passing.

• Like 1

The Villareal links all feel like lazy journalism, similar to the 'sign everyone from Rangers' period after Steve arrived, although better/more expensive players in this case.

But no one came and I think unlikely we will sign anyone from Villareal.

Would love to be wrong

• Like 1

They're different players, but Guendouzi would be the most "Grealish-like" player we've had since selling Jack. We don't have anybody in our midfield capable of carrying the ball forward the way he does, and he draws a lot of fouls.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So if we sold Ings who replaces him. Everyone is looking for a Striker atm. 

I think we are looking for that player to replace Bailey up front.

Agree. Finding a striker right now means vastly overpaying for one because everybody wants one. That's an area that's better to address in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

They're different players, but Guendouzi would be the most "Grealish-like" player we've had since selling Jack. We don't have anybody in our midfield capable of carrying the ball forward the way he does, and he draws a lot of fouls.

Grealish like

giphy.gif