January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

31 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Not saying that we should risk it all with unproven youth, I guess it's more a reflection on this talented crop of players all struggling to reach the heights expected so far 

Barry, Kesler, Philogene, Archer, Sinisalo, Iroegbunam, Ramsey jr etc etc probably forgetting some. 

I think you're expectations were too high. Out of those 7, i'd have expected none or one to have made our first team by now, and i'd expect 1 of them to eventually make it. 99% of youth at PL clubs don't break into the first team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No Joao Felix then, if anyone was hoping. To Chelsea on loan apparently.

How frigging big is Chelsea's squad? 

As an aside, are there any folk unlikely to be registered that we could tempt away from a life of training ground mediocrity? 

• Like 1

Chelsea have a few fullbacks now. Any that are any good? Will Chilwell get a game with Cucu....whatever his name is now in place (I know he's rubbish but with that kind of fee outlay they will be forced to play him often).

Regards this Felix fella.....I am actually quite relieved we didn't end up spunking a fortune on a player who has failed to live up to the hype in a slower, easier League & who clearly didn't want to come here anyhow! Suits Chelsea to a tee! 

I think we should coin a new phrase "The Glory Hunter Player" the same type as a Glory Hunter fan who sees nothing but the media hype and nobody else counts in their head. The net result is a "Chelsea" full of overhyped & underperforming "names" (With the exception of one or two of course).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How frigging big is Chelsea's squad? 

As an aside, are there any folk unlikely to be registered that we could tempt away from a life of training ground mediocrity? 

Chukwuemeka maybe? 😏

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Want no lees than £40m for Cash if he is to leave for Chelsea, anything less we should decline.

£40m?! They paid £56m+£7m add ons for Cucurella. Cash is only a 12 months older than him and signed a five year extension back in April. So match that at least if you want him Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Moreno, McKennie and Moleiro would be an excellent window.

Throw in Pau Torres as well and Emery can really put his stamp on this team.

Not sold on McKennie and I don’t really know anything about the other two. 

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

£40m?! They paid £56m+£7m add ons for Cucurella. Cash is only a 12 months older than him and signed a five year extension back in April. So match that at least if you want him Chelsea.

That would be superb but ill accept that and more, more being the bonus 

As far as targets go just seen that Pedro Porro (Sporting) is linked heavily with spurs and Moussa Diaby with Newcastle which would infuriate me greatly, those are two game changer additions to our squad and seeing them for others especially rival teams never sits well, as u say you cant have em all but give us a couple 😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

That would be superb but ill accept that and more, more being the bonus 

Nah I'm not having that attitude. We paid £14m for Cash and you're happy with £26m profit and get bummed by Chelsea, whilst Brighton paid £15m for Cucurella and and fleeced £41m+7m off them for him?! That's like saying you'd accept £46m for Dibu?!

We need to start being like Brighton in holding out for proper profit on players who have only just signed big contracts. F**k Chelsea. Boehly is like a kid in a candy shop. Match the Cucurella fee AT LEAST or do one!*

*Incidentally, I think neither player is worth what they paid for Cucurella. But that's set the bar now so match it.

Edited by stewiek2

Cash’s stock isn’t as high as it was say 12 months ago, and he didn’t exactly showcase himself at the WC. No club is going to offer anywhere close to £50m let alone £60m. Let’s be realistic about his worth. Especially as we have a hard time selling players for profit. 

• Like 1