January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

22 minutes ago, calcifer said:

How many times can we keep rebuilding? We keep buying shite! 

A handful of the players are rubbish but it’s mostly them being brought for different managers.

it isn’t controversial to say we need a left back a right back and a keeper I think Bednarak is rubbish but he’s forth choice. Need more ball carrying and progressive passing in midfield.

other than that I can’t really say much it’s too early under emery 

I get that emery deserves to bring in his own players but I worry that NSWE might be thinking if they are having their pants pulled down by spunking loads more cash and might tell him to generate a fair proportion of transfer money to be spent this month. 

Problem might be - after today - who'd want to buy some of the squad for decent prices ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, calcifer said:

How many times can we keep rebuilding? We keep buying shite! 

I don’t think it’s a total rebuild, I think it’s case of selling one or two of Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho and bringing in one (hopefully) quality creative player, for instance.

I think that happens in a couple of places in the squad.

Of course in that example which of the three you’re most keen on selling is up to you.

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

A handful of the players are rubbish but it’s mostly them being brought for different managers.

it isn’t controversial to say we need a left back a right back and a keeper I think Bednarak is rubbish but he’s forth choice. Need more ball carrying and progressive passing in midfield.

other than that I can’t really say much it’s too early under emery 

We could also use a few players willing to do something when they don't have the ball. Or we could by more Baileys and Coutinhos and wonder why we can't crack a low block as they stand there refusing to move until they receive a pass.

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

We could also use a few players willing to do something when they don't have the ball. Or we could by more Baileys and Coutinhos and wonder why we can't crack a low block as they stand there refusing to move until they receive a pass.

Ideally you want players who aren’t afraid of doing something with the ball, but still are too proud to deliver hopeless shots into the stands.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Get on the phone get players in now. Leeds will destroy us otherwise 

We have too many cowards in the squad who cant handle the pressure of playing for this great club. Emwry needs to sign players

If we played the same starting XI maybe but we won’t so stop with the overreactions (not just you Dem) 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think it’s a total rebuild, I think it’s case of selling one or two of Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho and bringing in one (hopefully) quality creative player, for instance.

I think that happens in a couple of places in the squad.

Of course in that example which of the three you’re most keen on selling is up to you.

Problem is we won't have much depth on the bench then.

More likely Coutinho and possibly Bailey will be easier to sell in the summer so keep them around on the bench and hope there's a couple of matches at least they can come on and influence e.g. Man. City at home.

2 forward players and a left back required this window.

We are unfortunately stuck with some we won't be able to get rid of.

At least sanson has played his way into the first team squad while some have played themselves out of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Problem is we won't have much depth on the bench then.

More likely Coutinho and possibly Bailey will be easier to sell in the summer so keep them around on the bench and hope there's a couple of matches at least they can come on and influence e.g. Man. City at home.

Oh yeah, I meant by the summer (I wasn’t clear). I think at least one of them will still be here by the start of next season (probably Buendia if I had to guess). 

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If we played the same starting XI maybe but we won’t so stop with the overreactions (not just you Dem) 

Over reaction?

We just got humilated by a league two side. League two thats worse than newcastle result. That's the biggest humiliation of the fa cup weekend.

No over reaction here mate. Its sucks

——————Watkins——————
———————New———————
Ramsey—Luiz—Kamara—New
New——Mings—Konsa—Young
——————Martinez——————

That should be the aim for January. Beyond that, you can start looking at right back and striker. 

• Like 2