January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I actually think Maguire wouldn't be a terrible signing.  I think he's better for England because the weight of expectation is less.  He went for stupid money to ManUre and was made captain almost immediately by the idiot Norwegian.  Then everything became his fault and he buckled under the lofty expectations.  If he moves he'll have a weight off his shoulders and may actually thrive...

• Like 1

I was bored at work on Friday and was looking at potential strikers, using their league stats as a measure (goals/mins played).

There was some really high stats but I put this down to the player scoring a couple of goals having only played 200-300 mins or so.  

It surprised me who was at the top, Brobbey at Ajax was up there as was Moffi, the two RB Salzburg strikers (Okafor and Adamu), Jonathan David, Lois Openda Karim Konate (although it’s Bundesliga 2 in Austria) and Marin Ljubicic who looks a real talent.

Another that I’d love for us to try for (Vitinha at Braga) scored relatively low, as did Marcus Thuram.

Plenty of young talent out there so would be good if we’re looking (links to Moffi suggest we are) at this type of up and coming striker(s).

Always a risk relying on an unproven striker though so I’d be inclined to keep Ings as well for now as he kind of guarantees you a goal return. 

Harry Maguire is better than Mings (and I rate Mings). If he were available at the right price/wages then he would be a great fit for us. Unfortunately I just think he would be too expensive and therefore I’d give it a miss. I also think there’s absolutely no truth in the rumours.

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Harry Maguire is better than Mings (and I rate Mings). If he were available at the right price/wages then he would be a great fit for us. Unfortunately I just think he would be too expensive and therefore I’d give it a miss. I also think there’s absolutely no truth in the rumours.

6 month loan would suit everyone involved??  Villa need improvement, Maguire needs game time and Utd want to be able to sell him in the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

6 month loan would suit everyone involved??  Villa need improvement, Maguire needs game time and Utd want to be able to sell him in the summer.

I’d be all for that. I agree with you. I think everyone wins with that scenario. 

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

With his agent though...

An (admittedly quick) search suggests his agent is a man called Paul Stretford.

Seeing the images that come up for Paul Stretford, I think either his agent is not there or Paul Stretford has the rare Benjamin Button condition.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

An (admittedly quick) search suggests his agent is a man called Paul Stretford.

Seeing the images that come up for Paul Stretford, I think either his agent is not there or Paul Stretford has the rare Benjamin Button condition.

Stretford took the photo, so he could leak the photo because Maguire wants the move because Villa are massive 😉😂

• Haha 1