January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

27 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

He’s really not. Juve signed him to boost their profile in America. Don’t take it personally.

Okay he's been linked w teams of stature higher or level from where he is at now w Juve .  I still don't think you know a footballer from a cricket player. You've proved it to me . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

Made in Aston. McKennie scores goals AND... does the same job as Kamara. I rate them both. Don't slag McKennie bc he's American. I hope you are better than that.  

I don’t watch much of him but if you have a look at his stats on FBREF his passing stats are abysmal, his defensive stats also are terrible. They don’t compare to kamaras at all. 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if we're looking at American midfielders, I'd much rather go after Musah than McKennie 

Agreed either or would be an improvement upon "super John"  , Sanson, Marv, but McKennie would give McPhee the great imposter someone to give a dead ball service to bc we can't seem to make any sense of dead balls aside from The occasional Olympico from Luiz . 

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if we're looking at American midfielders, I'd much rather go after Musah than McKennie 

The list of Americans I'd want on the team begins and ends with either Pulisic, Gio, or McKinnie.

Do think the board is a bit harsh on McKinnie.

17 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t watch much of him but if you have a look at his stats on FBREF his passing stats are abysmal, his defensive stats also are terrible. They don’t compare to kamaras at all. 

He is a bit more all action though, he isnt really a defensive midfielder but an old school box to box midfielder well thats where Juve get the best out of him

Though I remember being hyped about Bradley who had a similar profile and that was a flop....one for the forgotten players thread

• Like 1

McKennie has made ninety-one appearances for Juvents, including playing in eleven of their fifteen league games this season, he's also made five appearances in the Champions League for them this season aussi, doesn't sound like someone they bought just because he's American as they want more exposure there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Replacing Digne is not a priority imho

A top quality midfielder, a goalscorer, and an upgrade on Bailey would be my priorities in that order.

Digne is a better FB than Cash, makes less mistakes

You want to upgrade on bailey before digne hmmm

Edited by RicRic
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to agree about digne. He is ok but really didnt need to get rid of targett. Silly move in  my opinion

Nonsense!!! Targett was woeful going forward or finding a pass and anyone that understands the game of football will agree he was atrocious at it and made me nervous each time he got the ball, wasnt a bad tackler however  

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

No no no, we need someone up there on par with Luiz and Kamara to push them and rotate. To be cover and a player off the bench. Dendoncker is a good squad player, especially as he can play CB too. But he's a proper drop on Luiz/Kamara and Tim is having his first season of proper football. We're not looking for cover we're looking for competition 

No Tim will be more than adequate imo he was good in his cameos and very tidy so i see no reason to spend there we have way more areas on the pitch that we need to fully replace.Ings and watkins can not continue to be our centre forwards, mcginn and ramsey cannot be starters and will need to come off the bench, i feel mcinn will be sold so it leaves ramsey as the bench option. Need competition for digne and bring in pau torres to push out konsa or mings , Oh and a left winger/ inside forward i THINK Danjuma could work just fine.

Edited by RicRic