January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d like to see him in a foot race with Bailey.

Why do we call it a 'foot' race now, instead of just, you know... a race? I never wonder if what is meant is a helicopter or a jet ski or a sack race if 'foot' is left out. Odd.

Interesting read from a United blogger, who has used data to find a suitable short term and long term striker for United. Of the final targets, I think the only unrealistic targets for us would be Lauturo Martinez and Osimhen. Of the final list we would stand a decent chance getting most of them.

Interestingly Watkins and Ings both make the list, maybe we don't need a striker if we can get them both firing.

Edited by duke313

I would really like us to go for Joao Pedro in Jan. Young and Brazilian with lots of pace, dribbling ability, strong link up play and great work ethic. 

Also lots to improve on so a very coachable player and can play in various attacking formations which would suit us under Emery. 

I think he would be happy being a rotation player for the time being and I also love the idea of building up our contingent of South American players

For £25-30m would be a great signing I believe

I think a new midfielder makes sense. If Luiz or Kamara gets injured we don't have no reliable cover + a big drop in quality.
Whilst in attack we have lots of options 

Edited by messi11

2 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Quality player but not where we need reinforcements. 

I dunno - Kamara and Luiz are nailed on at the moment, but Nakamba seems out of favour, Sanson is either out of favour or injured/unfit, and McGinn and JJ are used further forward and should not be used in a double pivot - I can only trust that Emery also knows this seeing as he appears to be the intelligent manager we've needed for a long time. That leaves Dendoncker as our back up CM until an untried Iroegbunam returns in the summer.

I wouldn't say CM is a priority, but it's probably not too far down the list either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would really like us to go for Joao Pedro in Jan. Young and Brazilian with lots of pace, dribbling ability, strong link up play and great work ethic. 

Also lots to improve on so a very coachable player and can play in various attacking formations which would suit us under Emery. 

I think he would be happy being a rotation player for the time being and I also love the idea of building up our contingent of South American players

For £25-30m would be a great signing I believe

Just got injured recently, out for a minimum 4-6 weeks, worst case he could be out for 3+ months (depending on seriousness of injury).

He wont be moving in Jan.

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I dunno - Kamara and Luiz are nailed on at the moment, but Nakamba seems out of favour, Sanson is either out of favour or injured/unfit, and McGinn and JJ are used further forward and should not be used in a double pivot - I can only trust that Emery also knows this seeing as he appears to be the intelligent manager we've needed for a long time. That leaves Dendoncker as our back up CM until an untried Iroegbunam returns in the summer.

I wouldn't say CM is a priority, but it's probably not too far down the list either

Kokcu…plays in a double pivot for Feyenoord and scores and assists loads, only 21 as well

We’d then have Kokcu and Iroegbunam as the double pivot in couple of years when Kamara and Luiz are sold for a combined 100m 😉

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Enzo Fernandez going to Chelsea for £105m…

Mental. 

if true for 105m, they would have spent 400m this season (summer/Jan).

My lord, has anyone ever spent 400m+ in a single seasons windows before?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1