January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Looking at some striker options I think we should be signing a starter and also a backup. 

If this is the case then I’d go for one of the following for the starter….M. Thuram, A. Gouiri, J. David, G. Ramos, M. Dembele. Out of these I’d like Thuram as plan A and Gouiri as Plan B

For the younger squad option there’s loads of potential out there. Vitinha at Braga is a player I’d like us to try and get if possible as he looks a real talent

Other than him there’s also…Lois Openda, Marcos Leonardo, Karim Konate and Marin Ljubicic who are all technically gifted, strong and skilful.

All of them look better than this Duran Duran kid we’ve been linked too. 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Looking at some striker options I think we should be signing a starter and also a backup. 

If this is the case then I’d go for one of the following for the starter….M. Thuram, A. Gouiri, J. David, G. Ramos, M. Dembele. Out of these I’d like Thuram as plan A and Gouiri as Plan B

For the younger squad option there’s loads of potential out there. Vitinha at Braga is a player I’d like us to try and get if possible as he looks a real talent

Other than him there’s also…Lois Openda, Marcos Leonardo, Karim Konate and Marin Ljubicic who are all technically gifted, strong and skilful.

I was wondering if his name would pop up. Think he'd be a good young high potential striker to target. 

I wonder if we'd look at Gio Reyna if he's available. Has had some injury issues over the past year but I think could slot in nicely in one of the 2 wide attacking midfield positions. 

Instantly would boost our reputation over here stateside as well for the next WC

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

But he’s ancient, 28 years old🤣

He's also not very good.

Was poor for most of the world cup.

Runs himself into the ground, but he's dropped right off technically since he's been at Atleti.

Not the signing for us.

If they aren't at a reasonable price, I'll have no issue with no one coming in. Let's start spending properly again.

Emery has kicked us on so much, we'll be in the mix for top 10 regardless IMO.

Watkins and Ings both capable of 10+ goals second half of the season.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

We need 3 big signings......players who can make a difference.

UE should have a perfect insight in to the French and Spanish leagues.

Come on Villa......No excuses.

Pau Torres, Mikel Merino, & ??? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

You are all calling for us to sign a striker.

How about Amine Gouiri? 22 Years of age. 5ft 11. Potential. Would be expensive.

We’d probably need 50m at least to get him. I think he’s worth that. The problem is he might be looking at higher options than us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Got bored after about 8 minutes in but basically like everything I’ve seen he’s one for the future if we did buy him and not really a starter in the next 12 months or so.  All great although some of the videos I’ve seen I was very disappointed in him but I’m more interested in players, and specifically a striker that is going to start now than 18-24 months time.  Great getting the future in for squad filling and supporting teams but we need to upgrade the first XI.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, burchy said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1