January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Our squad is so stacked with players right now.

We'll have to offload some to bring more in.

Guilbert, Nakamba, Coutinho potential candidates.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

True might be worth just saving our money until the summer. easier to buy player aswell.

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Nakamba, McGinn, Ings and Chambers probably all "off loadable". Doubt anyone would take Coutinho - except maybe an MLS side.

Edited by nepal_villan

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

Speed kills
If Bailey gets injured we're truly F'ed 
Be nice to get another top quality pacy Inside forward/Winger

agree with this, having a rapid but technical player on the opposite side to bailey would make us a nightmare to play against.

honestly, i even think a new striker who is mobile, rapid and able to finish would make our front 3 something else.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wonder what our starting line up will look like at the beginning of next season?

How many new faces do you think will be in there?

i think 3-4 high quality signings would help, rather than 10 average signings (would take more quality, but im trying to be realistic).

• a winger who is rapid and technically good (opposite to whichever side Bailey is meant to play on).
  • a striker who is rapid and technically good and can finish (big money prob....but we need it...).
  • a centre back.
  • not sure on the 4th option, maybe a RB (depends how Hayden develops and what Emery thinks of him i guess).

Emery has a history of bringing youth players through, so wouldnt be surprised if we saw players like Iroegbunam, and maybe even Hayden and Philogene being seriously looked at for next season, who knows (might allow us to offload some of our bloated squad also...)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's this obsession with Sarr still? 

Not sure anyone is obsessed...We could use a RW and we already have a line in to him. And he's young and good. That's all.

Edited by maqroll

How about Nico Williams, Pau Torres, Juan Foyth and a striker who I have no idea of? Somebody who hasn't become obviously amazing yet but will score shitloads of goals, is quick and powerful and can finish.
Out goes McGinn, Nakamba, Ings, Guilbert, for starters.