Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Better than the Eden Arena but a still pathetic venue for a European final. 

Yeah but UEFA need to continue to undermine their own competition in order to demonstrate how **** amazing the CL is

They can't have a spectacle in the lesser competition

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Haven't really been thinking bout Europa League, don't we are not strong enough just yet. Conference has always been my aim, an I think we are about there.

Worst case is we need to beat Brighton, they are done for 6th flip flops on, but still play a hard game and beat us, just no need, I will hate them for eternity!!

Im sure we would strength if we got europa but i think we wouldnt win that esp when you get CL drop outs entering. I want a trophy if that means a chance at conference then ill take ut.

Just googled and the finals in athens too! Its meant to be 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure we would strength if we got europa but i think we wouldnt win that esp when you get CL drop outs entering. I want a trophy if that means a chance at conference then ill take ut.

Just googled and the finals in athens too! Its meant to be 😂

Don Unai owns Europa. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Better than the Eden Arena but still a pathetic venue for a European final. 

There is biggee stadium in greece as well which makes it even more wierder. The spyros stadium houses also 70k

Edited by Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Might be rose-tinted glasses, but that late goal we conceded is actually good for us.

• If Brighton beat Southampton, they are effectively in the Europa League due to vastly superior goal-difference. They should win.
  • If they don't, they play City, who will likely rest. I think City are less likely to rest tomorrow than midweek because a) they're at home tomorrow b) it's midweek game and c) they've done all their prep regardless of how Arsenal do.

I basically think it's very likely Brighton will be on the beach. Had we have won, we'd be going toe-to-toe. I feel quite confident we better Brentford and, honestly, I think Spurs lose to Leeds!

Seriously? To come up with this logic, you need more than rose-tinted glasses, maybe a bottle of vodka or two can explain it.

First if we had won, Brentford couldn’t catch us, secondly if we won Spurs needed to win against Leeds to have any hope to get 7th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Seriously? To come up with this logic, you need more than rose-tinted glasses, maybe a bottle of vodka or two can explain it.

First if we had won, Brentford couldn’t catch us, secondly if we won Spurs needed to win against Leeds to have any hope to get 7th. 

You're right but my point was it makes the game against Brighton itself much, much easier, and I don't particularly care about Europa over Conference.

11 minutes ago, Frodo said:

You know what also ...... our recovery for next Sunday has began 💪 Brighton have to play 2 more games before us on Sunday, what an atmosphere next week will be.

Good point

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But we would probably be favourites to win the conference, which is guaranteed Europa League spot.

We've been so good under Emery I'd rather go for the Europa League at the risk of losing any European spot altogether. The fear would be that the Conference is a drag, so for a lesser competition I'd prefer to throw everything at keeping up and building on our excellent league form (which would have got us the Champions League) and not throwing away opportunities in the domestic cups. There are a lot of crappy ties in the Conference. 

Edited by Rolta

Football is about prestige and money.

prestige is also about money.

the league cup and conference have neither….. nice to win but does nothing to move us forward long term like getting extra money or more prestige so we can earn more money

Just now, lexicon said:

Not at all, it'd still be great to make the conference.

I'm not really against it, but I wouldn't stick now. We might as well hope for the Europa until it's impossible—I was responding to comments about someone wanting Brighton to get the results they need to secure 6th, so they'd be on the beach for the final day, allowing us to beat them to get 7th. Nah—let's hope they lose/draw tomorrow and we get 6th.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Perfect for squad development and getting used to two games a week.

It didn't work well for West Ham this season! I'm not saying we'd be that shit, but it's arguable that it it be a bit of a shame if our league form suffered just to play in the Conference.

I'd think more of it if there wasn't a group stage.

Edited by Rolta