Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

So, I haven't kept up with European qualification for years. Is 7th place good enough to qualify outright or dependant on City winning cups etc? 

I assume it'll be that Conference League or whatever it's called too? 

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

So, I haven't kept up with European qualification for years. Is 7th place good enough to qualify outright or dependant on City winning cups etc? 

I assume it'll be that Conference League or whatever it's called too? 

Yes, what happens in the other cup competitions is irrelevant. If we finish 7th we enter the Conference league. 

20 hours ago, Mic09 said:

How about we hope for both spurs and Brighton to lose their games, we win ours, and not worry about anything else?

Can I still hope that somebody punches Bruno in the face?

If we don't make it this season take solace in the fact next season Top 5 qualifies for the revamped Champions League starting 24/25 season.

No European football would give us a real shot at that under The Don.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If we don't make it this season take solace in the fact next season Top 5 qualifies for the revamped Champions League starting 24/25 season.

No European football would give us a real shot at that under The Don.

Basically what Newcastle are doing this season.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Ivan Toney banned just before the Spurs game. It’s almost as though the powers that be are desperate for Spurs to finish above us! That can’t be true……can it?

I don’t think Spurs are really that desperate to play Europa Conference TBH.

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

They’ve had forever to ban him. Why now. Surely wait until the end of the season. It’s gives Spurs an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Toney was injured and unlikely to be back for Spurs anyway. Brentford beat West Ham 2-0 without him. 

Chill. Not everything is a conspiracy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Toney was injured and unlikely to be back for Spurs anyway. Brentford beat West Ham 2-0 without him. 

That’s fair enough but just take away any controversy by waiting until the end of the season. You’re probably right and I was only being a bit mischievous to be honest but the football authorities really don’t help themselves. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You could just be a sleeper cell by them that has been activated now just to say that to take us off the trail of the truth 🤔😉

• Haha 2

There's no conspiracy but I am surprised it's taken this long for him to be charged. He pleaded guilty back in January I believe? Anyway, effectively just a 4 month ban really

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

There's no conspiracy but I am surprised it's taken this long for him to be charged. He pleaded guilty back in January I believe? Anyway, effectively just a 4 month ban really

Yep no conspiracy but think of the difference he’s made to the league table because of his goals since January…even us 1-1, Brighton 3-3 all just in April alone.  No reason to delay this judgement this long.  Either it should’ve been done in a more reasonable time or started after the season ends… to do it just before playing Spurs with two games left isn’t a good look given what’s at stake in the league.  No conspiracy but very convenient.

Brighton  5/2 in some places to win at Newcastle. Pretty good price considering what they've just done to Arsenal and think they can cause Newcastle issues like we did if they get the ball quickly to Mitoma.

If they win we basically can't finish above them regardless of what we do at Anfield.

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m still peeved…

Even Keith Hackett agrees…

If we lose out because GD 🤬

Pretty sure live table still had Spurs ahead of us at 2-0 on goals scored

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

You clearly haven't been to the Purslow thread lately...  🤣

Edited by KMitch