Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Liverpool are a beatable team. Ultimately, I don’t fear any of following games. Regardless of results this has been an amazing run and we can extend it absolutely. The odd defeat isn’t going to set us back. There’s too much belief in the team. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah after the euphoria we've got to throw some realism in, which some people don't want to accept.

Until we are level on games with our closest rivals we can't reliably predict anythings.

But based on the form of the likes of Brighton they aren't just going to fall off a cliff.

I'm confident in the fact that under Emery we will have a game plan for all the remaining games and will get results be it wins or draws and other teams results are up to them 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes but we also have to play Newcastle and Man United. Unless maybe they play them twice?

Brighton have to play City.

Im hoping this VAR debacle against Spurs has rattled them, and their form dips.

Just now, duke313 said:

Brighton have to play City.

Im hoping this VAR debacle against Spurs has rattled them, and their form dips.

Their other game in hand is against Newcastle, so they could very realistically lose both their games in hand. 

47 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Honestly our next defeat is going to hit me hard ! 
have gotten so used to winning now that I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it

what has emery done to me - I used to be a pro at watching villa get beat

If people want to learn about the concept of being greedy, the only thing you need to do is to support a team that has been struggling for ages and then get a perfect manager and a great streak of wins. We all get more greedy than the Wolf of Wall Street.

4 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Their other game in hand is against Newcastle, so they could very realistically lose both their games in hand. 

When people talk about who their game in hand is against I always think its irrelevant due to the fact that we all have to play the same teams over the season. Once they've played their games in hand we would have played equal games but then WE have to play Newcastle and Man United as part of our end to the season. As well as Liverpool away and Spurs. 

They have 2 extra games. Doesn't matter which way around they play their final matches.

The difficulty of the games remaining doesn't mean too much. Playing a side in the bottom 3 could be a harder game than a side in 10th if there is relegation riding on the game. The teams at the bottom will get more desperate for a win as we get towards the end of the season.

Lets just keep winning/playing well and see where we end up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Brighton have 2 games in hand and would go ahead of us with just 1 point from those. If they win them both then we'd be 5 points behind them. Very tough.

I don't think Liverpool will lose to Leeds either.

The problem Brighton have is their fixtures are piling up.  They play Chelsea away next week while we play Newcastle home.  We then play Brentford and Fulham before they even play their next PL game.  They will be four games behind us with many fixtures left to play in a small timeframe which is not historically great for smaller teams.  

We need to take as much advantage as possible, it would be great to get a couple of wins out of those three games and if Chelsea can somehow get something off Brighton I think that would put a lot of pressure on Brighton.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, all of us on here are going to be a little disappointed if we don’t make Europe now. The upside of making Europe with THIS manager in charge could be a game changer both in terms of the players we can attract and the extra revenue it will bring in. Not only that, we have a serial winner of that competition in charge. It just feels right.

But, we shouldn’t be disappointed. We could have been looking at a relegation scrap had Gerrard been here any longer.

Like others have said, we get greedy, but it’s just human nature. 

• Like 3

One of the reasons I think Europe would be great, is that we would probably build an even bigger squad. And that is something we need. Maybe get 3-4 in and no one out without Europe. If we get to Europe, get 6-8 in and 1-2 out.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not, honest truth.  Never expected Europe and still don’t. Getting it would be amazing but I won’t be disappointed if we don’t make it. I’m just happy to see us competitive at the right side of the table again.

I think we still have a tough run in.....so, I too, am not expecting Europe.

However, to get the quality players in we need to move up the league, we need Europe.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I really don’t want to qualify for the conference, I’d rather nothing 

To all the confused reactions about this. It won’t bring in a load of extra cash, it has no cashe like Europa league and champions league do and will add a crazy amount of games to our schedule.

1 hour ago, birdman said:

The team needs european experience. It would be a great start.

As if loads of our players don’t have European experience!

1. It isn’t needed

2. We buy players with European experience

28 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

One of the reasons I think Europe would be great, is that we would probably build an even bigger squad. And that is something we need. Maybe get 3-4 in and no one out without Europe. If we get to Europe, get 6-8 in and 1-2 out.

We don’t have a small squad and we need to get rid of a handful of players regardless.