Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

24 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Strong words from Emery, challenging him to find some consistency. You'd reckon Emery wouldn't be taking such a tough stance if his absence was family-related, so hopefully that isn't the case.

I think that could easily be taken out of context.

• Like 2

Interesting comments from Unai… would suggest he’s trying to motivate Leander rather than send him away… said “he can help us” too…

I think I’d prefer him filling in at CB and properly “converted” to that position… his height, strength and aerial ability can be helpful and are the sort of qualities we lack in general…

Don’t think he’s got the mobility and quality required to get major/consistent opportunities in our midfield… other than in pretty much a complete “destroyer” or anchor role… he is useful in that sense and showed it in certain games last season… I’m just not a fan of his style (too casual and awkward) but he can improve… his limitations are quite visible too…

Might make a decent PL CB… needs to get better on the ball though and be less lackadaisical and avoid lapses…

Sounds like he needs to improve his attitude, dedication and focus… going off Unai’s comments…

He can be (more) useful… certainly not averse to him sticking around… we don’t really have a proper alternative for Kamara either other than him… as regards an actual DM… someone with proper defensive qualities and a focus on them…

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Tanswell is impressing me a great deal in his coverage of Villa so far. He's been delivering some good pieces.

Yeah he’s got off to a good start… much better than the previous guy.

Actually seems invested and enjoying his work…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah he’s got off to a good start… much better than the previous guy.

Actually seems invested and enjoying his work…

He has been covering Southampton for a while. Would be nice to see some success.

On 26/08/2023 at 02:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Guendozi is going somewhere for 13 mill. Can't remember where though.

Lazio

I think for £13m we should be over that like a rash. I was convinced we'd sign him this summer. 

• Like 1

I think he's going to be very valuable this season.  With him having played the right-side of a back-three for Belgium, he gives us legitimate cover there or in midfield (or as a target man as he did in the last ten minutes when we beat Manure in Unai's first match 😃). 

He bossed the midfield when we demolished Newcastle at VP last season. No reason to doubt he can provide good cover/rotation when required. Replacing him is far from a high priority in this window. 

• Like 4

Â