Post-West Ham Gerrard Out poll

Davkaus

Post-West Ham Gerrard Out poll  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard in or out?

• In
    • Out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/22 at 18:00

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Who voted in 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have to assume it’s the visiting rival fans we have on the forum just having a laugh at us.  I can’t believe any Villa fan would say ‘In’ now.

• Thanks 1

We won’t get any better because he doesn’t coach the players and the players need coaching to improve..

Apparently we have one of the worst running stats in the league..

That tells me two things..

1.) We lack athleticism 

2.) Players are not playing for the Manager

I want him gone, but we may have to wait until after the Arsenal and City game so that the new manager gets a better run of games..

Too many things indicate to me he doesn't know what he's doing.

He wants to play a narrow 4-3-3 and has been trying to stick to that since the off but we don't have the right type of players in the front 3 to do it and he hasn't signed anyone to help this area. In fact he's done the complete opposite and signed Coutinho who doesn't suit this way of playing at all, it also alienates our record signing Buendia. He wants to be a possession team but we play so many long balls and also roll out McGinn and Ramsey more than ball players like Luiz and Sanson (even if he is basically binned to the U23s).

I don't mind us being where we are if I can see the plan and the path to progress but there's absolutely nothing, not one indication he knows what he's doing. He's got to go, this team is way too good on paper to be wasted under him, if we wait until the World Cup break it's another season down the drain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gerrard out now, but I think we perhaps need a clean slate, so….

First Team Coaching staff out as well

Finally, whoever comes in, make Mings or Martinez captain. 

Martinez please not Ming's. He might do the odd weird dance but he's captain material. Sell McGinn and buy someone good in CM before the window close. 

Edited by Irish_Villain

Dean Smith got sacked for less, at least we had some good times under him.

Get Potter in before someone beats us to it 

Edited by Junxs
Auto correct correction
  • Thanks 2

Right, I’m one of the ‘In’ votes. Let me tell you my current thinking. 

1. I’m never a fan of sacking a manager this early in the season. 
2. The games we’ve lost (besides Bournemouth) have been really tight. I think we deserved a draw today and I think we’d have taken something against Palace but for a really dodgy pen decision. 
3. I’m worried about who we’ll get next. If you could guarantee me a Poch type manager I’d drive Stevie G back to Liverpool myself but I’d worry we will end up with worse than we have. 
4. Arsenal started last season far worse than us. I think Stevie can come back from this. 

Having said all that, he has 4 games to turn this around.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What would turning it around look like to you?

Slightly better performances and, say, 4 points from those 4 games?

I would say marked increase in performance and 5+ points. 

• Thanks 1

I’m still Gerrard in (it’s getting really hard to stay positive) but whatever happens we need to spend some money this week. At least then, if Gerrard does get sacked, the new manager will have some chance to turn things around. Our midfield is awful. Our attackers are not right either. If we could get close to the money back that we spent on Ings and Bailey I would snap your hands off!

If Gerrard goes and I do believe that it’s at least a possibility now, it really worries me that they’ll mess up the next appointment. So the challenge to the board is twofold. Show some real ambition over the next few days and buy some quality reinforcements and if you make the change, only do so when you have snared a top class replacement. No more unproven managers please!

• Sad 1

I voted in. As I said before the match, I think it’s fair to give him basically a calendar year. If he loses the next three, you can auto-select Out for me after a Leicester loss. I won’t need to be asked.

I think the club needs to show that it will allow a manager to develop and learn the players, come what may. I realise I’m in a tiny minority.

I reject the argument that a vote In is inviting relegation. **** that logic. Seeing the club relegated is horrible if you’re a supporter abroad because you generally lose many opportunities to connect with your PL club after relegation. Championship footie is very hard to participate in as a supporter from the States. We must not go down.

As I’ve also posted too often to count, I still have think we lack a cutting edge up front. Watkins and Ings aren’t scoring enough. One single goal would have got a point today. The midfield and Gerrard aren’t the only reasons Watkins and Ings are not scoring.

Gerrard’s taking of the armband off Mings was a fatal mistake. Not recruiting a scoring ace FW has been another. 

At this point, the online masses are calling for his sack, and that’s a reflection of all Villa supporters. He will likely get sacked in the next two weeks, regardless of what I think. 

No matter who comes in to replace, I don’t see us achieving much without more clinical forwards and a midfield who land their **** passes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Right, I’m one of the ‘In’ votes. Let me tell you my current thinking. 

1. I’m never a fan of sacking a manager this early in the season. 
2. The games we’ve lost (besides Bournemouth) have been really tight. I think we deserved a draw today and I think we’d have taken something against Palace but for a really dodgy pen decision. 
3. I’m worried about who we’ll get next. If you could guarantee me a Poch type manager I’d drive Stevie G back to Liverpool myself but I’d worry we will end up with worse than we have. 
4. Arsenal started last season far worse than us. I think Stevie can come back from this. 

Having said all that, he has 4 games to turn this around.  

Respect it mate. Disagree on your evaluations however I’ve watched us get dominated tactically in multiple games.  Moyes made that look easy today. One shot on target in our better half from a long range one from coutinho. I genuinely don’t understand how we could end up with worse than Gerrard.  And why 4 games, look at his record and that speaks for itself. One decent performance in the next 4 and then he gets another game, it becomes “but remember that half against Leicester”. He needs to go 

Â