Post-West Ham Gerrard Out poll

Davkaus

Post-West Ham Gerrard Out poll  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard in or out?

• In
    • Out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/22 at 18:00

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I’m still Gerrard in (it’s getting really hard to stay positive) but whatever happens we need to spend some money this week. At least then, if Gerrard does get sacked, the new manager will have some chance to turn things around. Our midfield is awful. Our attackers are not right either. If we could get close to the money back that we spent on Ings and Bailey I would snap your hands off!

If Gerrard goes and I do believe that it’s at least a possibility now, it really worries me that they’ll mess up the next appointment. So the challenge to the board is twofold. Show some real ambition over the next few days and buy some quality reinforcements and if you make the change, only do so when you have snared a top class replacement. No more unproven managers please!

Gerrard hasn’t earned another penny imo

• Like 1

Same answer as last week for me. He is Out of his depth and we can’t have a manager learning his trade on the job. Time to pull the trigger on his tenure here, and get in a ready made top manager.

19 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Right, I’m one of the ‘In’ votes. Let me tell you my current thinking. 

1. I’m never a fan of sacking a manager this early in the season. 
2. The games we’ve lost (besides Bournemouth) have been really tight. I think we deserved a draw today and I think we’d have taken something against Palace but for a really dodgy pen decision. 
3. I’m worried about who we’ll get next. If you could guarantee me a Poch type manager I’d drive Stevie G back to Liverpool myself but I’d worry we will end up with worse than we have. 
4. Arsenal started last season far worse than us. I think Stevie can come back from this. 

Having said all that, he has 4 games to turn this around.  

Ok so it’s Herman and then we can assume the other 7 in voters are Gerrard and our 6 assistant managers ;)

• Like 1

I want to be supportive… And if we’d had a good end to the season then I might have been. But I’ve seen nothing to show that he knows what he is doing.

My only real hesitancy is over who we’d get to replace him… Brighton would want a stupid amount for Potter even if he wants to come (not clear) - I think they are guaranteed to drop if he leaves…

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think the club needs to show that it will allow a manager to develop and learn the players, come what may. I realise I’m in a tiny minority.

Mate, I admire your calm and reason.

However, things like taking Luiz off and leaving McGinn on, are an indication that we are beyond any more learning or development.

Add all the discontent which has been brewing ( Seemingly among both players and fanbase ) and i genuinely can't clutch to any more positives.

Tried to hold out, was furious after Palace, then altered my stance slightly again.

If people saw evidence of " learning " there is a high likelihood the vote wouldn't be anywhere near 97 percent out.

We can't even say this is kneejerk or reactionary anymore.

The decisions are just extremely poor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think the club needs to show that it will allow a manager to develop and learn the players, come what may. I realise I’m in a tiny minority.

Fair play to saying you voted in, same to @herman22 and @m_afro

What I don’t understand is have you seen anything from Gerrard that he is learning? To me he seems to be getting worse, his decisions are getting worse and I don’t think he knows what’s his best team, formation or tactics are and it’s getting worse.  Have you seen something I have missed?

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I voted in. As I said before the match, I think it’s fair to give him basically a calendar year. If he loses the next three, you can auto-select Out for me after a Leicester loss. I won’t need to be asked.

I reject the argument that a vote In is inviting relegation. **** that logic. Seeing the club relegated is horrible if you’re a supporter abroad because you generally lose many opportunities to connect with your PL club after relegation. Championship footie is very hard to participate in as a supporter from the States. We must not go down.

As I’ve also posted too often to count, I still have think we lack a cutting edge up front. Watkins and Ings aren’t scoring enough. One single goal would have got a point today. The midfield and Gerrard aren’t the only reasons Watkins and Ings are not scoring.

Gerrard’s taking of the armband off Mings was a fatal mistake. Not recruiting a scoring ace FW has been another. 

At this point, the online masses are calling for his sack, and that’s a reflection of all Villa supporters. He will likely get sacked in the next two weeks, regardless of what I think. 

No matter who comes in to replace, I don’t see us achieving much without more clinical forwards and a midfield who land their **** passes. 

That seems a bit arbitrary? I agree on the need to give a manager time but when he's clearly out of his depth it makes little sense to hang on for another couple of months just to pass an arbitrary target date.

Â