Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I doubt it. Nobody is against us having Sarr as a player. We all know he's good.

We're against Gerrard signing a winger when he doesn't utilise wingers and failing to address the massive holes in his current team, even changing his mental formation to include wingers wouldn't fix the midfield issues.

People want either/all of Midfield, Defence and Management Team sorted first, probably in that order, there's no point signing Sarr before atleast two of those are done.

Nobody is kicking off about signing Sarr because we think he's shite, we just already have Buendia and Bailey and he won't fix our issues and we might only have one more transfer in us.

I agree with that, but Gerrard got a huge amount of slagging off on here for not knowing what he was doing, even NSWE were accused of being clueless. Now, if it turns out we were interested in him and Gerrard is the one that said No, we don't need a winger, that is not how we play, will those posters acknowledge that?

One positive I saw from this deal was an intent to change the style. IF the deal is off and IF Gerrard was the one who cancelled it, it doesn't bode well to a potential system change 

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

No, demonstrably not in modern football when coaches last an average of 18 months but player contracts are an average of four years. That’s the whole point of the structure. Coach should be one voice but definitely not a final choice. (This is just a point on structure though, I haven’t followed what has or hasn’t happened in this case and am not making any point about Gerrard/Lange/Purslow etc).

So u think the manager should not have a final say on the players in his squad. We will need to agree to differ on that

How do we agree a deal with a club but not a Championship player? There's no way we can't offer something more than agreeable to him. Good squad, (hopefully) upward mobility. I think this is sewn up tbh. Hope it is too, because he's a good player. I'd rather have good players than not. We'll figure out how to make it work at a later time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

@messi11you know stuff we don’t? 🤔

To be fair, I " heard " the same stuff Messi 11 " heard " about whilst watching the Love of Paul McGrath podcast earlier via random text ins and Twitter to Neil 🤷🏾‍♂️. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, daft said:

I can't even... 😂🤣😭

**** it, I think we should just put a cat in charge, that way it would make sense when we all whine.

People just make stuff up and then feel sad and angered about said made up stuff. It's madness. Pure madness.

He was shit for getting Sarr because we don't use wingers, now he's shit for not getting Sarr because we should use wingers. 👾

Notice I capitalised 'if' twice, indicating I was purely offering a hypothetical 

I want Gerrard out...but this signing offered a glimmer of hope of an intent to change system. If it's off, we're back to square one 

• Like 3

Just now, tomav84 said:

Notice I capitalised 'if' twice, indicating I was purely offering a hypothetical 

I want Gerrard out...but this signing offered a glimmer of hope of an intent to change system. If it's off, we're back to square one 

I know, I saw that and sorry I let you get caught in my cross fire. I just laughed out loud at the twist and turns in opinion and you provided a nice summary with precautionary caveats in a way most didn't. I just find it funny, that's all, and I get people want him out and just venting.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember Zidane's famous quote when Real Madrid sold Makélélé to buy Beckham?

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"

OK, Villa isn't a Bentley and didn't have an engine to lose...but putting another layer of paint on an engineless car is equally useless. Until SG either finds a combination among our current midfielders that works or buys another one, I see no point in buying forwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, daft said:

I can't even... 😂🤣😭

**** it, I think we should just put a cat in charge, that way it would make sense when we all whine.

People just make stuff up and then feel sad and angered about said made up stuff. It's madness. Pure madness.

He was shit for getting Sarr because we don't use wingers, now he's shit for not getting Sarr because we should use wingers. 👾

It is exhausting haha

• Haha 1

I’d actually be quite happy if this falls through. 

I don’t particularly rate Sarr, we barely even play with wingers as it is and we have far more important areas to sort out so if this is dead then happy days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

So u think the manager should not have a final say on the players in his squad. We will need to agree to differ on that

I would go further and say there is not a single PL club in 2022/23 where the manager has the final say. Not how the modern business is run. But happy to agree to differ!

Â