Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This is my concern with it really. I agree with people saying that Bednarek obviously isn't completely useless, but even if we weren't getting a CB of the quality of Carlos to come in as a replacement I figured they'd at least try to get someone in that mirrored his skillset in some way in terms of being comfortable on the ball when pressed etc. As far as I'm aware this isn't what Bednarek offers at all as he's just more your out and out "solid" defender, so it just seems a bit counterintuitive.

My hunch is Bednarek going to be playing ahead of Mings....imagine the meltdown on here when it's him and Konsa as our regular CB duo!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

a loan is sensible is true

No no; the owners are pulling the plug like Randy, we don’t have good scouts, just only ever after like the apparent rubbish of other teams 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Haha 2

Bednarek is better off away from the toxic elements of our fan base anyway. Never have people written such crap about a player they know little about that or abused on Twitter. Glad it’s all just noise and speculation anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

to me, that reads that Romano is confirming we are in for him on a loan. 

I think that’s a fair read also - I wouldn’t be against a loan deal as long as we bring in another defender and midfielder at a minimum 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bednarek is better off away from the toxic elements of our fan base anyway. Never have people written such crap about a player they know little about that or abused on Twitter. Glad it’s all just noise and speculation anyway. 

Never in the history of social conflict, was so much drivel read by so many, written by so few. 

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

As a loan, I would have thought we could have got better.

There must be guys sitting on the benches of the better teams who would be available as a loan.

I honestly don’t know. Can you name any?

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think that’s a fair read also - I wouldn’t be against a loan deal as long as we bring in another defender and midfielder at a minimum 

Yah completely agree with that. 

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

As a loan, I would have thought we could have got better.

There must be guys sitting on the benches of the better teams who would be available as a loan.

I have a feeling we want an option to purchase if we loan anyone and some of those teams won’t sanction that clause

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

Ol' Slabby up the road
Internet Troll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thought he was odds on going to Newcastle - at least that’s what I believe from reading VT. 🤣

Edited by PerryBarrPet

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Big assumption that all people know little about him, it may be the case that many don’t know about him but some of us do and still think he’s crap.

Bednarek is on the bench today over Stephens for Southampton.  Move can't be as eminent as everyone is reporting...  

TBH, considering Gregg fookin' Evans is the one being the most vocal about this deal, I'm willing to bet it's complete hogwash.  Since when has this clown ever had inside exclusive word on our transfers ahead of Percy, who himself hasn't said anything about Bednarek yet?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s a poor player at this level, not sure why we are even interested him.  He can’t be the best option available.

On a loan with an non-obligatory option to buy? Who from this league might be available and would be better?

Rob Holding? Chalobah? Ampadu? Michael Keane? Liam Cooper? Vestergaard? Phil Jones? Federico Fernandez? Tanganga? Willy Boly?

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

On a loan with an non-obligatory option to buy? Who from this league might be available and would be better?

Rob Holding? Chalobah? Ampadu? Michael Keane? Liam Cooper? Vestergaard? Phil Jones? Federico Fernandez? Tanganga? Willy Boly?

I like Rob Holding but fans think he is shit too. 

Â