Weekends Football 12/14 August

andykeenan

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

According to an article on SSN, pulling another players hair isn’t considered an offence in the football rule book.

Nice to see that something that would probably be deemed assault if you were to do it in the street is acceptable in the modern game.

Ohhhh, this can be put to good use I feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

According to an article on SSN, pulling another players hair isn’t considered an offence in the football rule book.

Nice to see that something that would probably be deemed assault if you were to do it in the street is acceptable in the modern game.

Like when Helenius had his shorts deliberately pulled down when in a goalscoring opportunity - no penalty nor card I recall.   

• Haha 1

Even if they have started brightly tonight I can't see this Liverpool squad match Man City's levels this season. If Alexander-Arnold ever gets injured they have no adequate cover except for the young lad they signed from Aberdeen. Age has to catch up on the likes of Milner this year and there is a few of them going the wrong side of 30 now.

18 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Even if they have started brightly tonight I can't see this Liverpool squad match Man City's levels this season. If Alexander-Arnold ever gets injured they have no adequate cover except for the young lad they signed from Aberdeen. Age has to catch up on the likes of Milner this year and there is a few of them going the wrong side of 30 now.

I read 'young lady'.

Man. City will win the league by 10-15 points this year.

Liverpool lost Mane and have a couple injured and suddenly their team dosen't look that formidable anymore with Nat Phillips and Milner starting.

Edited by VillaChris

Phillips is awful if he gets isolated, don't know how they deem him good enough for their team. That will be what we need to watch out for next week against them, we cannot have one of our defenders isolated as they will expose that weakness.

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

That's so poor from Liverpool. Palace had one threatening breakaway earlier, the fact they allowed them do it again deserved a goal. 

Palace did the same last week. Klopp phoning it in suddenly? 

Just came in and seen this score.

I've been telling people that I feel this will be one of the most competitive seasons in a long time.

Anyone can be turned over.

The only REAL level above everyone else is Man City IMO

Â