Weekends Football 12/14 August

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm not feeling confident against palace. 

They looked good against Arsenal too

They don’t look that good. It’s classic park the bus and counter football. No way they’ll set up like this against us.

If we set up like this against Liverpool Gerrard would get destroyed. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Palace have ridden their luck, Milner could have scored in the first minute, Nunez has missed 2 great chances, and Salah has missed 2 chances that he probably would have scored against us.

They've made the most of it though.

Also, VVD gets away with a ridiculous amount of interference off the ball, he's like a blocker in the NFL at times.

Really happy to see Viera thriving in the PL and given his chance by Palace. Never much liked them when they were going through their rogues gallery of dinosaur managers, but this is an exciting young team with a young manager who obviously spent some time in smaller leagues/teams honing his craft. 

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

They have VVD, Konate, Matip, Gomez, and Phillips. 

So he's 5th choice?  He looks it. Zaha has been sitting on his shoulder all first half. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Really happy to see Viera thriving in the PL and given his chance by Palace. Never much liked them when they were going through their rogues gallery of dinosaur managers, but this is an exciting young team with a young manager who obviously spent some time in smaller leagues/teams honing his craft. 

Said all summer they're a team to watch this year, got some great recruitment and they're snapping up the young London talent, still think they need a better striker to do anything but they could be top 10 

And there'll be an ensuing meltdown if they finish above us... But I think we're very close to the same level and so far I'd say Vieira is the better manager 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

So he's 5th choice?  He looks it. Zaha has been sitting on his shoulder all first half. 

Idk. I guess he's 4th choice considering Gomez is on the bench. 

Pretty standard tactics if you're gonna counter Liverpool and target Phillips... 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How did Nunez miss that chance :crylaugh: 

He never hit it. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Said all summer they're a team to watch this year, got some great recruitment and they're snapping up the young London talent, still think they need a better striker to do anything but they could be top 10 

And there'll be an ensuing meltdown if they finish above us... But I think we're very close to the same level and so far I'd say Vieira is the better manager 

Vieira also did the proper managerial stints before moving to the PL. Didn't get fast tracked due to nepotism. 

Â