1st Villa Result After joining VillaTalk

dounavilla

Seeing as it's almost of doom and gloom thought this my be a little bit of fun.

I thought I'd have a look at the date in which everyone joined VillaTalk and the first Villa result (non friendly) since joining.

Joined VillaTalk = 29 June 2007

Villa result  = Prem.     11 Aug 2007

Aston Villa 1                                 Liverpool 2

Barry (pen)                                   Laursen (og) 

Gerrard 

Apologies mods if in the wrong place 

• Like 4

Great thread idea!

Just checked and apparently I joined on 26th September 2007. (I was posting on here years before under different username).

First match after joining was that Spurs 4 Villa 4 game on Monday night, think it was an anniversary for Spurs and we were 4-1 up and predictably threw it away.

Joined 14th August 2018. Can't recall if this was before or after we played that day but I'd assume after.

So on that basis,  the first result would have been a 1-1 draw with 10 men Ipswich. They played over half the game with 10 men, and despite having nearly all the ball we failed to create any real chances. Bit of a downer after the run we'd been on before. 

Edit: I'm such a newbie compared to you lot 😳

Edited by MrBlack

10th Feb 2015. On the same day:

Hull City 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Hmmmm....

Edited by Lichfield Dean
I'd been a regular viewer for years before that. I wonder if this result prompted me to join so I could grumble about it??
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Great idea for a thread.  Mine was 5th March 2011, Bolton 3 Villa 2 under Houllier.  I could have sworn I was on here during O'Neill's time but guess I was just browsing before taking the plunge.

I thought this as well, but apparently joined once we had Houllier in place. We had just lost 3 in a row when I joined, and I’m pretty sure I was calling for him to go at that point. We were playing awfully.
I still can’t believe we managed to finish 9th that season. 

Â