1st Villa Result After joining VillaTalk

dounavilla

August 7 2007.

We played Liverpool on the opening game of the season August the 11th and lost 2 - 1.

Stuart Taylor in goal and Big Nige Reo Coker at CM.

Fernando Torres opened the scoring and we equalised with 5 mins to go from a Barry penalty.

It wasn't over though and who steps up to score the winner in stoppage time from a free kick.

Stevie G of course.

Edited by AshVilla

I'm wondering... Given both myself and Indigo joined after the Hull defeat in 2015... I bet there's a strong correlation between significant moments in the club's history and new members signing up. For instance, an uptick after the Leicester defeat under Sherwood? An uptick after the Bradford cup game under Lambert?

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Joined during the summer of 2015, so the first match on VT would have been -

Saturday 8th August 2015 

Bournemouth 0-1 Aston Villa

Watched it in a pub that I assume had a special agreement with the Premier League to show live Saturday 3pm matches. It was glorious weather that day, Gestede’s header making the afternoon seem just that bit sunnier.

I still remember thinking after the game, “Hmm, you know what? I reckon we might just be ok this year…”

Joined in July 2012 when 606 shut down.

We lost 1-0 to newly promoted West Ham at Upton Park in Lambert's first game.

John Motson said:

"Villa didn't have the inspiration or the drive up front to trouble a West Ham defence..."

A decade and nothing's changed.

20th April 2006.

Next game was 5 days later and we lost 1-0 at home to Man City. 

On the 16th April, we beat small heath 3-1 with Baros (2) and Cahill. That must have been my trigger to sign up. 

Finished 16th that year. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 

August 2 | 2005

Beat Walsall ( 3 - 0 ) and FC Utrecht ( 2 - 1 ) in pre season  | August 2 and August 5th )

Drew with Bolton in first PL game : 2 - 2 | August 13th ( Kevin Phillips and Steven Davis goals )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I joined 5th March 2013, we had lost 1-0 to Man City the day before, Tevez scored, that was when they had Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and Aguero in the team as striking options. We beat them 3-2 in August that year the following season at home.

I didnt start posting until recently however used to read a lot of the threads on here

• Like 1

I joined 1st January 2019

My name is based on the Zat Knight equaliser vs Arsenal

I hate MON but that Arsenal game was incredible.....we smashed them but still needed a late equaliser

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I joined 5th March 2013, we had lost 1-0 to Man City the day before, Tevez scored, that was when they had Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and Aguero in the team as striking options. We beat them 3-2 in August that year the following season at home.

I didnt start posting until recently however used to read a lot of the threads on here

Sorry didnt we beat them 6 months after that game. A rare Bacuna goal and a great Weimann goal

Another Villa Player we disrespect

Â