Three reasons a transfer target should live in Brum (and play for Villa) ...

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What are three good location-related reasons to come to Brum and sign with Villa? 

I've only been to Birmingham five or six times, mostly as a child, and I know it's not the Costa del Sol, but does the prospect of making a home within range of Villa Park & Bodymoor Heath have some clear positives for transfer targets or for current players we want to keep? I realise location is just one piece of the package, but there must be some good place-related reasons.

For me, it's:

1) proximity to all the beautiful hiking/cycling lands of the far West Midlands/Herefordshire,

2) the presence of University of Birmingham, and

3) down-to-earth and really diverse people with incredible senses of humour or something like that? 

Non-serious or "joke" answers actively encouraged, but they will be sent to live here in my US state, and believe me, you will not like it. If the AK's and fentanyl don't get you, the yukky chocolate will.

The presence of university of Birmingham? More like Aston university, it's got the name Aston in it!

• Haha 1

Taking the Luiz Instagram as an example the city is getting better for swanky pads and they will be more affordable than London - not that that's a problem for a footballer - but then at the same time i think you could have more of a status and lording it over people while sat in brum than you could in London which has affluent areas where a millionaire footballer wouldn't necessarily stand out 

From what I've seen there are some places in brum that will cater to the mega rich and by that I mean like the video I posted in the Grealish thread where a guy is a phone call away to get you anything you want 

The problem is that will be exactly the same in Manchester and probably Liverpool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm from South Brum, not been there regular for over 10 years. Parts of it were already going downhill then. No reason to go back and it's not on my to do list either. 

I like Brindley Place, apart from their attempts to be more expensive than London.

I stay local mostly, my kind of pubs and entertainment. I'm guessing footballers would choose Sutton

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

2) the presence of University of Birmingham, and

I’m sorry mate I know you said ‘no joke answers’ but this made me chuckle. 

I used to work at the UOB so I’m absolutely not knocking the place, it’s fantastic. But I just don’t think the quality of universities Is a consideration for footballers. 

Seriously, probably nothing if I was a footballer.  I’d be looking at the football club, the salary, the status of the club, chance of playing, chance of winning stuff, club facilities, etc.  

The location would probably only be a factor due to the weather - terrible compared to Spain, Italy, etc… offset by the strength of the league. 

Birmingham would just be a random big city in the UK that I’ll get used to living in for 2-4 years.

Lived in Sutton coldfield growing up, then moved around the country then bought 1st house in Harborne.

Changed location to devon 14 years ago and only been back twice, once to get a plane to Spain from the airport and the other time was a relatives funeral. 

I guess for a foreign footballer the ability to buy a great place for not just themselves but their families and probably still have change for what it would cost for one place in London would be a big draw. 

Birmingham Airport another

Going back has never interested me as I get paid the same to live 5 mins from the beach 

• Like 1

Â