Three reasons a transfer target should live in Brum (and play for Villa) ...

Marka Ragnos

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I live outside of Birmingham, but I love going in to the city. Atmosphere makes me feel alive.

It's so easy, for some, to just jump on that band - wagon and be critical without even having any knowledge of the place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

If I had their money I’d be heading straight out of brum. I’ve lived here for 37 years and it’s crap unless you have money. 

Where would you go? Personally think Birmingham is a really good city, yes there are some shit holes, but every city has those. I hate when people from other regions disrespect Birmingham without ever coming here (not saying that’s you). I do think, that as a city we are poor at shouting out our plus points, where as you see the likes of Manchester and Liverpool also shout about how good they are. 

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where would you go? Personally think Birmingham is a really good city, yes there are some shit holes, but every city has those. I hate when people from other regions disrespect Birmingham without ever coming here (not saying that’s you). I do think, that as a city we are poor at shouting out our plus points, where as you see the likes of Manchester and Liverpool also shout about how good they are. 

I don’t travel too far afield very often if I’m honest so maybe familiarity has bred contempt. I’d much prefer going to Worcester or Solihull than Brum city centre. I avoid it unless I have to drive through it. 

• Like 2

• 28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We're a self - deprecating lot aren't we? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

They have a weird mix of civic pride (often misplaced) and yet are also insecure enough to constantly ask people what they think of their respective cities. 

Brummies are generally unpretentious. Boasting is frowned upon. 

If you know, you know. No need to shout about it. 

• Like 1

Not the greatest of write ups, but 22 on the list 

Birmingham never stands still. The host of this year’s Commonwealth Games takes gold when it comes to buzzing bars, Michelin-star restaurants, world-class museums, top shopping, meandering canals, green spaces, groundbreaking music, elite sport and vibrant culture. From the graffiti-strewn streets of Digbeth (once the stomping ground of the infamous Peaky Blinders), to the hive of creativity that is the Jewellery Quarter, this former workshop of the world has reinvented itself as a global city, where people of all cultures flock to thrive and flourish. ‘Mek yerself at home, bab,’ as the Brummies say.”

Brum

On 12/07/2022 at 20:53, VillaChris said:

Most of ours live locally I think now. Perhaps Ollie is only one who maybe commutes as it was rumoured his partner hadn't settled in Brum so perhaps she's gone back down south.

As an aside, it always makes me laugh when people say they can't settle. It's the UK. Generally you're only probably a couple of hours away from where you need/want to be.

Its not Russia or the USA. 

Lowton's missus didn't settle in the midlands did she? Missed Sheffield! That 10 hour flight to South Yorkshire! 

On 13/07/2022 at 16:04, sheepyvillian said:
  • We're a self - deprecating lot aren't we? 

A Manc will tell you how great Manchester is. A Brummie will tell you how shit Brum is. 

Its just how we are! 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 15:15, fightoffyour said:

No one mentioned the canals yet?

I’m gonna tell you how many there are, right. More than Venice, mate.

We've got more orange cones as well.

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not the greatest of write ups, but 22 on the list 

Birmingham never stands still. The host of this year’s Commonwealth Games takes gold when it comes to buzzing bars, Michelin-star restaurants, world-class museums, top shopping, meandering canals, green spaces, groundbreaking music, elite sport and vibrant culture. From the graffiti-strewn streets of Digbeth (once the stomping ground of the infamous Peaky Blinders), to the hive of creativity that is the Jewellery Quarter, this former workshop of the world has reinvented itself as a global city, where people of all cultures flock to thrive and flourish. ‘Mek yerself at home, bab,’ as the Brummies say.”

Brum

When was this written ?

You seen the state of Brum city centre lately - it's a feckin bomb site of road works 

I really thought they'd clean it up for the common wealth games .....unless of course there's a cone laying race !!!!

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

As an aside, it always makes me laugh when people say they can't settle. It's the UK. Generally you're only probably a couple of hours away from where you need/want to be.

Its not Russia or the USA. 

Lowton's missus didn't settle in the midlands did she? Missed Sheffield! That 10 hour flight to South Yorkshire! 

What's strange about that is they had their wedding in Four oaks rather than Chesterfield/Sheffield.

Yeah rumour was Lambert sent a club person round to his house a few times and he wasn't occupying it and think he was late for training once or twice so left out of the team.

I don’t understand it. Brum is top class. The locals just can’t grasp it. And it’s not just a joke on VT, I was talking to locals on my trip over and they were like “anywhere is better than here.”

**** no, it’s not. Just look around! It’s bloody beautiful.

Â