Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'm on the fence with the captaincy thing. i'd probably lean more towards removing it given the choice only because it adds to the weekly headache.

people say it means you wish your players to perform poorly. that's not the case really is it. you just want them to score less than your captain. if i was choosing between salah or haaland for captain this week, and salah had scored 2 vs haaland's 3, i'm still happy that salah got a good return for me as well as being happy that i chose the right captain

Flip it around and imagine you captained Salah with his 1 assist and were then watching Haaland play. You'd know that despite owning him, that every goal and assist was counting double against you as everyone else had captained him. You'd want him to be subbed off ASAP. 

It's not really a debate to be honest. It's just maths. 

If you own a player with a greater than 100% EO and you haven't captained him then every point he scores is a negative for you.

(unless you only care about a specific minileague in which other people don't own/haven't captained said player)

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not really a debate to be honest. It's just maths. 

If you own a player with a greater than 100% EO and you haven't captained him then every point he scores is a negative for you.

(unless you only care about a specific minileague in which other people don't own/haven't captained said player)

when a player has over 100% effective ownership, yeah i agree. otherwise, i'm still always going to want them to score me points, i just want them to score less than the captain i chose

but admittedly i don't check the EO every week so i'm not sure how frequently more than 1 player is over 100% (it can't be that often can it?) this week it's only haaland from what i can see

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

when a player has over 100% effective ownership, yeah i agree. otherwise, i'm still always going to want them to score me points, i just want them to score less than the captain i chose

Well yeah obviously. But the whole point of the conversation was when they're over 100%. If they're not then it's a completely different issue

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but admittedly i don't check the EO every week so i'm not sure how frequently more than 1 player is over 100% (it can't be that often can it?) this week it's only haaland from what i can see

Haaland has broken the game. It won't be very often this season because everyone will captain Haaland. But in previous seasons it was very often.
Back when Bruno and Salah were the best players in the game it was basically every week

111 after Ward and Maddison. I think this is my biggest ever single GW haul, and maybe even the first time I didn't red arrow straight off a WC 😆

Edited by a-k

Well I'll take top of the H2H league as a brag for now. I still feel like I'm not doing brilliantly this season. The ranks are all so close you can drop half a mil in no time. It really hasn't settled. After Saturday I was outside the top million and now I'm 352k thanks to Haaland (who absolutely everyone owns anyway), KDB & Maddison. Each Maddison goal was worth 100k last night. Only 34 off the top of our league so that's good. And now with 2FTs and 2.5ITB I can go in quite a few directions. All depends on the prezzers. I'm in England this weekend too so I'll be away from my trusty spreadsheet :o  I have a few potential fires up front though in the shape of Isak & Mitrovic. Hopefully they get extinguished in said prezzers.

18 hours ago, BOF said:

Well I'll take top of the H2H league as a brag for now. I still feel like I'm not doing brilliantly this season. The ranks are all so close you can drop half a mil in no time. It really hasn't settled. After Saturday I was outside the top million and now I'm 352k thanks to Haaland (who absolutely everyone owns anyway), KDB & Maddison. Each Maddison goal was worth 100k last night. Only 34 off the top of our league so that's good. And now with 2FTs and 2.5ITB I can go in quite a few directions. All depends on the prezzers. I'm in England this weekend too so I'll be away from my trusty spreadsheet :o  I have a few potential fires up front though in the shape of Isak & Mitrovic. Hopefully they get extinguished in said prezzers.

Is that how you hope to Excel at this then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

haaland ownership of live teams is around 90% now. absolutely bonkers

might as well just remove him as a player and make him a chip next season

No you make him 15.0m at the start, the way the Spanish ones used to treat owning Messi or Ronaldo back in the day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

haaland ownership of live teams is around 90% now. absolutely bonkers

might as well just remove him as a player and make him a chip next season

I still don’t have him! Convinced Nunez is going to come good. 

I am near the bottom on my league so use this information as you see fit. 

• Haha 4