Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

7 hours ago, BOF said:

You've had a dream week. All 7 forwards returning plus 2 defenders. Nice one.

I have 8/11 returning including two double digit hauls and I'm on 2mil for the GW, wtaf

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Probably a bit of a noodle scratcher this weekend. One of either Cancelo(liv), Trippier(mun) or Perisic(EVE) will be on the bench alongside Andreas(BOU), so no doubt I'll pick the wrong one. You'd imagine Perisic should play based on the fixture but he's not a guaranteed starter and I don't want to risk a 10 miunte cameo. Cancelo is away to Liverpool but then they're a bit shite at the moment. You think they'd score though. And Trippier is capable of assists but United have scored in every home game this season so you're relying on an attacking return. Plan is to roll the FT.

It won't be Cancelo, you know that at least. If Perisic plays in the CL this week I'll prob take him out of my team, too much rotation. 4 sub appearances and once hooked before 60 mins.

The blank GW is a bit of a problem with 4 assets not playing. KDB, Perisic and Patterson will have to come out and then after I'll get Foden in instead of KDB. Neco Williams has also lost his place too. Problems!

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It won't be Cancelo, you know that at least. If Perisic plays in the CL this week I'll prob take him out of my team, too much rotation. 4 sub appearances and once hooked before 60 mins.

The blank GW is a bit of a problem with 4 assets not playing. KDB, Perisic and Patterson will have to come out and then after I'll get Foden in instead of KDB. Neco Williams has also lost his place too. Problems!

i'm tempted to make my defence up of just fodder. 4.5m CBs that play 90 mins pretty much guaranteed and have 2 of them on the bench each week. there's just no value anymore. even reece james isn't safe apparently

On 08/10/2022 at 07:25, tomav84 said:

i'm intrigued to see what happens next week. there's a few viable alternatives to him for captaincy

3 of LIV's back 4 are out. I doubt I'll be moving the armband, especially with Haaland being rested tonight.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

3 of LIV's back 4 are out. I doubt I'll be moving the armband, especially with Haaland being rested tonight.

agreed now that the news of trent et al has come out.

besides i got a GW rank over 9m this week, now aint the time to be taking risks! i was ranked in the top 50k the week before, had i followed that up with another good week i'd have considered kane or mitrovic captain

Yeah you can't be moving the armband off Haaland at the moment. The risk is too high, and even if he blanks, so many people have him as captain that the consequences of that blank are minimal

Even this week where, on paper, it would ordinarily be their toughest fixture of the season, Liverpool are probably missing 3 defenders and cheat code just sat out the Copenhagen game. Plus it's the kind of game where the City players will want to crush Liverpool and make a point.  I think the only alternatives to Haaland this week would be Foden and De Bruyne. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Even this week where, on paper, it would ordinarily be their toughest fixture of the season, Liverpool are probably missing 3 defenders and cheat code just sat out the Copenhagen game. Plus it's the kind of game where the City players will want to crush Liverpool and make a point.  I think the only alternatives to Haaland this week would be Foden and De Bruyne. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

i really did consider kane or mitrovic but in light of liverpool's injury problems plus haaland getting rested there's absolutely no chance

kane is just kinda ticking along at the moment, rather than getting real hauls and bournemouth seem to have tightened things up now.

Liverpool aren't really liverpool at the moment either. Sure they could turn it on at any point and click, but like you say with their injuries, and the fact they're shipping multiple goals to teams like Brighton, it would be a very brave man to go against Haaland

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

And Reece James may have just 'solved' my 12 starters problem this weekend :P 

sounds like they're hopeful on that one. doesn't seem as bad as it looked

I'm going to have to start planning the GW12 fixture blank this week. I have Cancello, KDB, Haarland and Martinelli, so one of them needs to go. Plus I have a Mitrovic & Bailey issue and much depends on that

I will be swapping out KDB next week and he will be replaced by Foden after the blank week. This to me is a no brainer and I'd do it this week if it wasn't for the Mitro / Bailey issue

I have my eye on a cheap Mitro replacement and a just sub 7mil midfielder to replace Bailey. This is currently going to take all my spare cash but will give me a still semi decent team for GW12 (there is no way I can play an effective midfield in 12 from Bailey / Martinelli / KDB / Rashford / Zaha). Selling Martinelli is out of the question as I've had him from the start and he's increased so much (same for Haarland too) even Cancello has a slight financial hit. So those three are just going to be benched in 12. Which gives me a semi decent team for the blank week and a lot of cash to further rebuild after GW13

And holy F*** I now have a Reece James injury to deal with too - argggghhhhh!

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm going to have to start planning the GW12 fixture blank this week. I have Cancello, KDB, Haarland and Martinelli, so one of them needs to go. Plus I have a Mitrovic & Bailey issue and much depends on that

I will be swapping out KDB next week and he will be replaced by Foden after the blank week. This to me is a no brainer and I'd do it this week if it wasn't for the Mitro / Bailey issue

I have my eye on a cheap Mitro replacement and a just sub 7mil midfielder to replace Bailey. This is currently going to take all my spare cash but will give me a still semi decent team for GW12 (there is no way I can play an effective midfield in 12 from Bailey / Martinelli / KDB / Rashford / Zaha). Selling Martinelli is out of the question as I've had him from the start and he's increased so much (same for Haarland too) even Cancello has a slight financial hit. So those three are just going to be benched in 12. Which gives me a semi decent team for the blank week and a lot of cash to further rebuild after GW13

Solanke 5.7 and Edouard 5.3 are both very viable strikers. The latter with smashing fixtures and good form :D

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

call me crazy...i think he HAS to come good...i'm bringing salah in for KDB for the blank GW

bailey i've accepted i'm just going to end up keeping and benching every week. not even given him a thought

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

bailey i've accepted i'm just going to end up keeping and benching every week. not even given him a thought

We're getting to that stage of the season where I think you need a bit of flexibility especially in midfield. I'm not convinced that many premiums are actually worth it this season. Son / Salah / Sterling / TAA etc are not worth their pricepoint, plenty of cheaper options just as good right now

I'm rebuilding around a flexible 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 as defence with a few exceptions is not where the points are.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

We're getting to that stage of the season where I think you need a bit of flexibility especially in midfield. I'm not convinced that many premiums are actually worth it this season. Son / Salah / Sterling / TAA etc are not worth their pricepoint, plenty of cheaper options just as good right now

I'm rebuilding around a flexible 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 as defence with a few exceptions is not where the points are.

yeah i agree. aside from cancelo no defenders are really worth putting money into...no one is keeping clean sheets so post world cup i'm probably just going to load my defence up in sub 5m defenders that are guaranteed minutes. i'm still not over james and perisic getting 1 point each due to rotation last weekend because of course there's 5 subs now so everyone will come on even if they're benched