Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

Really not good this week. James and Maddison with 2 points between them is a killer. Have Mendy still but Kepa started as I suspected he might, so a single Ward point it is. 

Changed my mind about 15 times as to whether to take a hit to bring Zaha in this week, but went against it in the end - I do have Eze, not that he's comparable. So expect a Zaha haul tomorrow and nothing out of Eze, Rashford and the big Liverpool players I've stuck with (Trent, Salah).

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Another shit week so far. I’ve absolutely **** it this season. 

I've followed your season particularly closely because I regard your as a rival. You've not done anything wrong, but **** me you've gone rogue a few times. Your defence has caused you trouble.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I've followed your season particularly closely because I regard your as a rival. You've not done anything wrong, but **** me you've gone rogue a few times. Your defence has caused you trouble.

Yep. 
I tried to be slightly different a couple of times like starting the season with Son instead of Jesus and going for Rashford, but I’ve just ended up missing their hauls. 

Ah well, plenty of time left. But my chances of a high finish are basically gone now

15 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Took out saka for Maddison and have Andreas as last sub. Idiocy!

maddison v bournemouth instead of saka and andreas away to west ham as sub is 100% the right thing on paper. just one of those weekends.

my error is having 3 out of by back 6 made up of leicester and newcastle players who are just incapable of keeping clean sheets. THAT is idiocy!

• Like 1

Looking like I'm on 69 points with Rashford to play later. QUite happy with that considering Mitrovic is injured and I made no transfers

Should take me into the top 2mil players for the first time in a while

got a GW rank of 8m...jeez it's been even worse than i thought

it's still relatively early days. still 2 wildcards to use including the world cup one and all the chips too.

16 hours ago, Farlz said:

Brilliant week, finishing on 84 points. Another couple games to go which will change things but on an massive green arrow again. Feels good. 

You've had a dream week. All 7 forwards returning plus 2 defenders. Nice one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tomav84 said:

got a GW rank of 8m...jeez it's been even worse than i thought

it's still relatively early days. still 2 wildcards to use including the world cup one and all the chips too.

About where I am this week.

Had a glimmer of hope that before the utd game last night I still had 3 players remaining when a lot of people would have none.

Rashford had a a goal ruled out for VAR and Utd conceded early so Dalot never had a chance at a CS. Typical.

I've got Buendia left but given my luck this week he'll start on the bench and come on for 2 minutes (If he didn't play I'd get Andreas)

Either way another appalling week. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

About where I am this week.

Had a glimmer of hope that before the utd game last night I still had 3 players remaining when a lot of people would have none.

Rashford had a a goal ruled out for VAR and Utd conceded early so Dalot never had a chance at a CS. Typical.

I've got Buendia left but given my luck this week he'll start on the bench and come on for 2 minutes (If he didn't play I'd get Andreas)

Either way another appalling week. 

lets just see how everyone who has all these city and arsenal players get on in a couple of weeks...a mad number have been transferred in already

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

lets just see how everyone who has all these city and arsenal players get on in a couple of weeks...a mad number have been transferred in already

I don't think it'll affect much. In the past I've found that people focus on something like a blank fixture week like it's a much bigger deal than it is, and they disproportionately prepare for it to the detriment of other weeks.  Then it comes and goes with a whimper. People will take the odd hit. People will use their bench and some with a worst case scenario will play with 10 men. Kane has United so flipping Haaland probably won't yield much. Flipping KDB to Salah who then goes off against West Ham might do something, but with the form Liverpool are in I doubt many will do that either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think it'll affect much. In the past I've found that people focus on something like a blank fixture week like it's a much bigger deal than it is, and they disproportionately prepare for it to the detriment of other weeks.  Then it comes and goes with a whimper. People will take the odd hit. People will use their bench and some with a worst case scenario will play with 10 men. Kane has United so flipping Haaland probably won't yield much. Flipping KDB to Salah who then goes off against West Ham might do something, but with the form Liverpool are in I doubt many will do that either.

Yep. I think if you can get eleven players out there’s not much reason to do much surgery. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I think if you can get eleven players out there’s not much reason to do much surgery.

Especially when you consider what City & Arsenal are heading into straight after it. Sweet sweet green fixtures. Any surgery will need to be undone immediately, meaning spending 4 or 8pts (and probably losing squad value). Even if it isn't in hits directly, it will be using up free transfers that could be used elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

* and I've been guilty of focussing on blanks myself in the past. It's also why I hate the bench boost chip.

Last season was basically just who could navigate blanks and doubles the best.

I'm all for the odd blank and double in a season. It makes it interesting. But too many of them and it's just chaos

Probably a bit of a noodle scratcher this weekend. One of either Cancelo(liv), Trippier(mun) or Perisic(EVE) will be on the bench alongside Andreas(BOU), so no doubt I'll pick the wrong one. You'd imagine Perisic should play based on the fixture but he's not a guaranteed starter and I don't want to risk a 10 miunte cameo. Cancelo is away to Liverpool but then they're a bit shite at the moment. You think they'd score though. And Trippier is capable of assists but United have scored in every home game this season so you're relying on an attacking return. Plan is to roll the FT.